I Confess...

N

nby323

...Promises made, promises broken. words given, words lost. thrown out in anger. in hurt. in pain. they are never fully recovered, like the hearts they shatter. they give us hope. hope of something bright, something beautiful. only to be mismanaged, misused. softly spoken without thought of future outcomes. trust in them, believe in them. its the riskwe take. a risk we know of, a risk we understand we taking. i guess its just in our nature to take them expecting the best results that are available. often forgetting to ponder what could happen. in an ideal world, yeah its the right thing to do. but we are so far from an ideal world. which is the sad part. with all the hurt and pain in this world, it forces a lot of us to question what the risks are. before we take them. we should be able to just dive in. heart first. without the fear. trust your heart. trust them with your heart. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, yeah right. unless stronger means losing a little bit of the ability to trust each time. then yeah maybe. all too often those softly spoken words are the sharpened knifes that cut my heart. so while i try piece it back together, forgive me if i seem cold and unlikely to trust any of your softly spoken words. time. how long i cannot tell you. one day though, one day. ill trust again. ill believe again. ill love again.

Back