Is there any actual support here????

B

BrokenTree

Hi,

Sorry if this is annoying, but I have to say it's equally annoying to join a site and not be able to use the chat.

Since joining and doing the email confirmation, I have gotten the "Disconnected from the server by server. Reason: Not Authenticated" message when trying to join the chat.

I'd sent messages, replied to similar threads, etc... and the only person to even bother to respond, let alone try at all to help was TheEight (thanks for at least trying and actually acknowledging me).

I am in Canada, not a banned country. I am on regular ol'internet, no vpn or other foolishness. It gives the same on my phone either through wifi or my mobile network data.

I've tried the usual stuff, clearing cache and I think I've made sure my settings are good (I'm not a tech guy, so everything looks ok to me)

I seriously do not want to be a bother to anyone but could somebody please resolve this for me??

I mean, at this point as a new joiner it feels like I'm not welcome, and if that's the case then just let me know and I'll delete the profile and see if I can find another site to chat in.

A little help.....please and thanks?

and a thank you to Vixxxen for also acknowledging me....I almost feel like I'm getting somewhere finally

I'm working on it. Please be patient. You are welcome here and we would like you to stay around. I am trying to take a different approach to see if I can get a techie admin to help with this.

Please clear your cache and cookies and then send me, again me, a screenshot of what your log in says.

Cleared cache and cookies for the....dozenth time now maybe? I clear it every time I try to log in

upload_2018-11-5_19-34-46.png

Sorry if I'm being a pain....is there any update or estimate on when I can properly enjoy the chat? going in as a guest is annoying at best....

Thanks! :)

It does suck....I'm about ready to abandon the site to be honest...I wish there was a place to provide feedback, like a survey or parent site or something. The mods have been great and some good folks like yourself, I can at least say that much....but the experience has been terrible and I wish I could present that to someone that would actually care.

EDIT: actually, I did find an email and will try going that route because being ignored is getting me nowhere here...

I figured it out!! you need to use a new email. If the email you are using was used on another account, you will get unauthenticated

I figured it out!! you need to use a new email. If the email you are using was used on another account, you will get unauthenticated
You figured it out too? It took us some time but now we know! :D
Jen, we might be getting techie!

Back