"No more posting screenshots"

D

dethmetalchick

Sorry, but what kind of absolute bullshit rule is this? If you've got creeps and pedos running around, your users deserve to know about it.

Sorry, but what kind of absolute bullshit rule is this? If you've got creeps and pedos running around, your users deserve to know about it.
No fun allowed, traffic to bring in the revenue is more important than looking after a few regs these days, just look what happened to Swede.

Sounds like a tech wiz should be looking at these rules, and code. (Did it explicitly say no screenshots?) It could be a bug or a odd reaction to it being for what ever reason reported.

P.S.
I am in school for cybersecurity, I am hopefully sooner rather than later going to be meeting with a code monkey friend from high school, between the two of us we have 20+ years of experience. Can't 100% say he will be on board, but he may be. Honestly this or hacking is what we will be doing if and when we meet up.

It's not "no screenshots", it's no doxing.
I get that there is nothing to stop from pming there information then that being leaked. At the end of the day you can't fix stupid. But is there nothing server or client side to prevent "back channel leaks" for like of a better word and more discreet term. (Don't want to write a how to guide there, and not sure 100% of that particular means is relevant.) Regardless my point stands, it should be secured against non invasive attacks even from people who know tricks with Google among others or really even with in reason maltego and the like. (Non invasive- A TLDR defintion being, you should under MOST circumstances should be unable to gather anominty compromising data without the use of malware, expliotion, etc, etc.)

Oh I agree 120 percent. What also needs to happen is people need to be safer with their personal information. Please please I implore all of you to be careful where you give out your facebooks. Everyone here is a stranger. I have seen huge issues arise from giving out Facebook info to chatters. Yikes. Seriously though, be overly cautious with your info.

Oh I agree 120 percent. What also needs to happen is people need to be safer with their personal information. Please please I implore all of you to be careful where you give out your facebooks. Everyone here is a stranger. I have seen huge issues arise from giving out Facebook info to chatters. Yikes. Seriously though, be overly cautious with your info.
Fun fact your printer is more likely to get your identity stolen then malware.

Nice avatar. What are you on about. I'm in a hospital so I don't know what your deal is.
I posted a screenshot of a PM from some guest d00d aggressively coming on to me to the point of where someone new here might have left if he was talking to them, and I was warned by JerseyJen not to, and when seeking clarification, a global warning was sent out, which to paraphrase because this was two weeks ago now, said "do not post screenshots." No doxxing was perpetrated, no personal information was shared, nor was it mentioned by Jen.

I had a bit of a hissy fit over the "This is how it is, sorry, deal with it"-ness that I was more or less dealt with and, noticing that it's become a trend by the staff as a whole in how to deal with your long time users who have legitimate gripes such as echoed_spirit and YHSwede, explains the avatar :]

Yeah so I didn't set up the vpn block, nor did I ban you etc that deserve the avatar, but whatever. On this site the sharing of information given to you privately is doxing. Long time users are held to the same standard as new users and normal users who also have vpn holds, and are required to follow tou.

I STRONGLY disagree with that definition of doxxing.

Edit to state my thoughts:
Just because information was shared privately doesn't mean you have been doxxed if it gets posted publicly. As long as no personal information regarding ones identity has been released then it's not a dox. There should never be a assumed privacy over DM's.

Last edited:
Back