Recovering addict w/ mental issues looking for friends to lift my spirits

Lukev88

OFC Regular
I’ve been 8 months sober , been battling depression for a decade. Started out with meds to help but they just made me numb. Addiction came after getting prescribed hydrocodones. I never hurt anyone paid bills on time, acted the same around fam until I just couldn’t take it mentally anymore. My ex wife left me because on dark days I wouldn’t want to out. I tried , I’ve been attending NA but she’s dissapointed that I had little will power. She would see me struggle ( I wouldn’t whine,cry) and she said she didn’t know how to help me and left me. Tbh I have no family around and most friends are going through their drama. Goddamn I get lonely at times and it would feel nice to feel that someone would think of me and ask how I am. I’m sorry for the life story I just need to vent

I’ve been 8 months sober , been battling depression for a decade. Started out with meds to help but they just made me numb. Addiction came after getting prescribed hydrocodones. I never hurt anyone paid bills on time, acted the same around fam until I just couldn’t take it mentally anymore. My ex wife left me because on dark days I wouldn’t want to out. I tried , I’ve been attending NA but she’s dissapointed that I had little will power. She would see me struggle ( I wouldn’t whine,cry) and she said she didn’t know how to help me and left me. Tbh I have no family around and most friends are going through their drama. Goddamn I get lonely at times and it would feel nice to feel that someone would think of me and ask how I am. I’m sorry for the life story I just need to vent
I'm sorry you've been struggling.

Hang in there. I have similar problems my self.

Back