Rules.

Rebecka

OFC Regular
So i was recently banned. For more information about this, i made a post in the support section.
which you can find in the "So you were banned" post, my thread starts on page 4.

My ban has made me read through the entire Terms of use. And i've been looking for these so called rules that the moderators seem to enforce.

But nowhere does it state, in reference to my ban, that you can't use any other language than english. so i wanna suggest that the rules that are being enforced, is actually available to be read. After all, how you can abide by rules you can't see?

So i was recently banned. For more information about this, i made a post in the support section.
which you can find in the "So you were banned" post, my thread starts on page 4.

My ban has made me read through the entire Terms of use. And i've been looking for these so called rules that the moderators seem to enforce.

But nowhere does it state, in reference to my ban, that you can't use any other language than english. so i wanna suggest that the rules that are being enforced, is actually available to be read. After all, how you can abide by rules you can't see?
Huh... You're right, it isn't listed there. It IS listed in the room topic, however.

Site-Wide and Chat Room Rules
  • You must be 18 or older to use our chat or any features of our website, regardless of what local law says.
  • All content (including text) shared here must be legal.
    • Do not share content displaying real or fictional figures under age 18.
    • Do not share any media displaying gore, rape, violence, bestiality, or incest.
    • Do not promote any form of bigotry.
  • Phone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, and other service handles/usernames must not be shared here.
  • You may not share content that is protected by copyright not permitting your use of the content. This includes content shared with you by other private individuals (pictures, logs, etc).
  • Proven, demonstrable harassment of this site's staff and users will not be tolerated.
    • Do not attempt to circumvent any user's attempts to block you.
    • Sharing private conversations with others will be considered harassment.
  • Impersonation of users of this site, including staff, will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post excessively or too quickly, or attempt to promote or solicit for any kind of commercial activity.
  • Any attack against the security or operation of this service will not be tolerated.
  • Posts and chat messages must be in English.
  • Users may not solicit for exchange of goods or services, nor for charitable contributions.

Room topic? where is this. i can't find it
https://www.onlinefreechat.com/chat

It can also be found on the specific chat page, where you enter the chat.

• You must be 18 or older to use our chat or any features of our website, regardless of what local law says.
    • Do not share any media displaying gore, rape, violence, bestiality, or incest.
  • Phone numbers, postal addresses, email addresses, and other service handles/usernames must not be shared here.
  • You may not share content that is protected by copyright not permitting your use of the content. This includes content shared with you by other private individuals (pictures, logs, etc).
  • Proven, demonstrable harassment of this site's staff and users will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post excessively or too quickly, or attempt to promote or solicit for any kind of commercial activity.
  • Any attack against the security or operation of this service will not be tolerated.
  • Posts and chat messages must be in English
  • Users may not solicit for exchange of goods or services, nor for charitable contributions.

• Posts and chat messages must be in English.

My message was in english. I'm sorry i didn't screenshot it. but you could clearly see i even quoted it in the chat. using 2 words of another language in a sentence doesn't make the sentence non-english. Thats like saying, "i'm so hungry i could eat a baguette with Parmesan cheese." Thats 2 french words in an english sentence. Is that a bannable offense?

Busted Rebecka game over its in the rules although there are one or two of those rules that are being ignored i'e copyrited material looks like were all going to be banned ....lol

Its not game over at all. Messages needs to be in english sure. But just as my previous example. English messages can still include words from other languages. and nowhere does it state that using other languages is prohibited.

i agree Rebecka but it clearly states english only just try and avoid foreign sounding words ,you seem a very intelligent young woman you can substitute foreign words for english i know politicle correctness gone mad ....... can see jen waving that hammer at me know lol

Then why aren't people getting banned from saying "Hola" when entering the chat. or being banned for saying something along the lines of my example? This isn't political correctness. This is nitpicking for whatever reason some moderator might have. I don't know who banned me, i don't really care who it was either. But i did follow the rules. My message was in english. all my words were not. But it doesn't state anywhere that usage of any foreign language is prohibited.

In my case, the ban wasn't justified. But okay, if they're gonne be nitpicky. then so can i. Ill just make a claim saying the words are in fact english. Since they're adopted into the british dictionary, and since i'm european. that counts as english for me.

My message was in english. I'm sorry i didn't screenshot it. but you could clearly see i even quoted it in the chat. using 2 words of another language in a sentence doesn't make the sentence non-english. Thats like saying, "i'm so hungry i could eat a baguette with Parmesan cheese." Thats 2 french words in an english sentence. Is that a bannable offense?
Rebecka I wasnt there, so I do not know what was said or not. I was just providing you with the rules section that says English. Btw, the words you used in your comment are also english words. Lets be real here. You see twenty people a day banned for saying koi chut in chat. You know speaking anything else than english is a bannable offense. Granted, there may be times a mod doesnt see the offense or it isnt reported by others. But if you choose to break the rule, even one word, you may get banned. Mods do not make the rules, we try to enforce them. And we really do not like banning people, contrary to what many believe. See ya in chat in a few days

Rebecka I wasnt there, so I do not know what was said or not. I was just providing you with the rules section that says English. Btw, the words you used in your comment are also english words. Lets be real here. You see twenty people a day banned for saying koi chut in chat. You know speaking anything else than english is a bannable offense. Granted, there may be times a mod doesnt see the offense or it isnt reported by others. But if you choose to break the rule, even one word, you may get banned. Mods do not make the rules, we try to enforce them. And we really do not like banning people, contrary to what many believe. See ya in chat in a few days

I never stated you like banning people. I'm stating that sometimes button doesn't require enough forced to be pressed. as in, some bans are outright ridicule. You've seen me in chat, you know that i speak english only. and i'm still gonna claim that my sentence was an english sentence. I didn't just write "Jävla Fita" with no context whatsoever. It was a proper formulated sentence. in english. countaining those 2 words inside an apostrophe, said as a quote.

Yes i'm fully aware that the chat has to be in english. Which i was being. I'm a moderator myself. elsewhere. Not gonna say where since thats against terms of use. I know being a moderator is stressful and no fun.

I'm trying to do this in a civil and formal way, without pointing fingers, and/or tending to angry and hateful messages.

Back