Trump's Gambit Nets Him a Win, Bigly.

Telemachus

OFC Regular
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/asia/north-korea-summit-intl/index.html

Trump appears to have achieved a major strategic victory in North Korea. I suppose we'll see soon enough how serious the DPRK is about disarmament in the coming months (or years?). They've said they'd stop nuclear activity in the past.
Seoul, South Korea (CNN) North Korea is willing to talk to the United States about giving up its nuclear weapons, South Korea said Tuesday, in a remarkable development that followed unprecedented meetings in Pyongyang.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un also has agreed to refrain from conducting nuclear and missile tests...

If there is a war, it will be on hell of a war. One that will make a another draft, I fear we are on a crash course....

At least peacefully, granted I can't apposed nukes so close to China and allies enough.

China will make proposal it is up to the two others to agree. China wants quiet life and open market so it is of no benefit for them to have two nations so dependant on trade with them arguing like school children but nobody will disarm while so many other nations have weapons.

China will make proposal it is up to the two others to agree. China wants quiet life and open market so it is of no benefit for them to have two nations so dependant on trade with them arguing like school children but nobody will disarm while so many other nations have weapons.
A armed society is a polite society scales well I guess.... Even when the other guy make Charlie Manson look sane....

Nobel for Mr. Trump?
https://globalnews.ca/news/4171897/north-south-korea-complete-denuclearization-end-of-korean-war/
"The two leaders declare before our people of 80 million and the entire world there will be no more war on the Korean peninsula and a new age of peace has begun,” the declaration said

Earlier, Kim became the first North Korean leader since the 1950-53 Korean War to set foot in South Korea after shaking hands with his counterpart over a concrete curb marking the border in the heavily fortified demilitarized zone between the countries

NK will disarm (China will not let them a choice), economic war with China is over (price of peace in Korea), Trump looks great as he succeeded to end NK, win-win-win, everyone is happy :D

You have no idea what having a "Nuclear weapon free Korean Peninsula" if i may quote Kim Jong Un actually means for the USA do you?

Also what has Trump to do with any of this? Kim was summoned to Beijing then dispatched to South Korea it is obvious who is behind it all.

Also reality is other then changing of a clock nothing has happened yet.

You have no idea what having a "Nuclear weapon free Korean Peninsula" if i may quote Kim Jong Un actually means for the USA do you?

Also what has Trump to do with any of this? Kim was summoned to Beijing then dispatched to South Korea it is obvious who is behind it all.

Also reality is other then changing of a clock nothing has happened yet.

You are making a whole lots of assumption here

She is right, for the first time it is looking like we are moving away the largest military conflict since the second world war. (Perhaps even larger than the last great war.) Will the DPRK honer there word? Only time can tell....

Talks set for June !2 . Little Kimmy has destroyed his testing site . NK didn't just say ok we give in . They were pressured by the power of the US not SK . China , am guessing advised NK , " You better take the deal " . I believe it is already done . This is all for show .

How can you destroy a testing site that collapsed months ago?

It is now clear this is being done in spite of the US rather than because of it. The Chinese are laughing all the way to the bank

Back