Week 3 (February 5th, 2018)

I

InvincibleLight

I was dissatisfied and disappointed with last weeks, inconclusive 4-Way tie. Hopefully this week will yield better results! Anyways, this week's topic is "What, in your opinion, is the greatest scientific discovery to this day? ". As it is such a broad topic, there will be no Poll. My opinion is that electricity is the greatest. Hope to see posts from all kinds of standpoints!
Song of the week: Make a sound, by Autopilot Off

If by greatest, you mean had the most profound effect on the course of human history, has been instrumental to this day and will likely continue to be so far into the future... I dunno.

My instinct is to say the wheel and the principles of flight. Though i would say the greatest invention (calling it a discovery sounds weird) is writing. Maybe the nuclear bomb.

If by greatest, you mean had the most profound effect on the course of human history, has been instrumental to this day and will likely continue to be so far into the future... I dunno.

My instinct is to say the wheel and the principles of flight. Though i would say the greatest invention (calling it a discovery sounds weird) is writing. Maybe the nuclear bomb.
greatest as in favourite.

I'd have to say the microchip. This single invention has revolutionised the way we work, communicate, travel, shop and so much more. Who would have thought 40 years ago that this one invention would have such a huge impact on our everyday lives :):cool:

I'd have to say the microchip. This single invention has revolutionised the way we work, communicate, travel, shop and so much more. Who would have thought 40 years ago that this one invention would have such a huge impact on our everyday lives :):cool:
Though I like that invention too, Im looking for favorite discoveries, not inventions. Could you please add your favorite discovery?

Though I like that invention too, Im looking for favorite discoveries, not inventions. Could you please add your favorite discovery?

For me that would be the finding of wormholes in space. Like others I think that the possibility that they could be gateways to new galaxies or dimensions kind of mind blowing .

For me that would be the finding of wormholes in space. Like others I think that the possibility that they could be gateways to new galaxies or dimensions kind of mind blowing .
I hadnt thought about that one, although Im pretty sure they havent proven their existence yet. :)

I hadnt thought about that one, although Im pretty sure they havent proven their existence yet. :)

They've spotted a few possible ones but the distance makes them hard to determine. They are working on the lack of light and diminished space detritus

Back