Breaking - Houston Dams

This is just horrible. All those people...
And the family that lost their lives...

A levee along the Brazos River south of Houston breached on Tuesday due to heavy rains from Tropical Storm Harvey, forcing officials to call for residents to evacuate low-lying areas.
This just keeps getting worse. =(

Houston has already had over 42 inches of rain.

Really? I have only ever been around like a half a foot of snow. That kind of stuff just blows my mind. I see it on the news but trying to imagine what it would be like here at my house, I just can't do it.
And two more days of rain for them? My prayers are with them.

Really? I have only ever been around like a half a foot of snow. That kind of stuff just blows my mind. I see it on the news but trying to imagine what it would be like here at my house, I just can't do it.
And two more days of rain for them? My prayers are with them.
I've been in 4 ft . and I say prayers for those people every night . I would volunteer to help but by the time I got there , I think I would be just in the way .

I'm impressed with how fast the rescue operations got going. I think the state and city did a very good job of that with all that rain still going on and the flood waters still rising.

I am impressed also with the people helping one another with only a few reported incidences .
That is the true America .

I totally agree! Seeing all those people out helping, searching cars in water up to their waists, going house to house in their neighborhoods. Did you see the mattress store owner who opened up his two stores for shelters to people? He is even paying for their meals while they are staying there.

I totally agree! Seeing all those people out helping, searching cars in water up to their waists, going house to house in their neighborhoods. Did you see the mattress store owner who opened up his two stores for shelters to people? He is even paying for their meals while they are staying there.
I missed that . I love how they are rescuing all the stranded animals also .

As sad as this situation is, it has brought people together. There is no race, color, religion, or political party affiliation. It is people...Americans helping Americans.

Just think what America could accomplish if we worked together like that in every aspect of life . The possibilities are astounding .

The grandparents and 4 kids...
And some jackass set up a fake GoFund me page for them to get money. How sick is that?
So the news put up the correct GoFund me page and warned people about the fake one.

Back