Deleting our accounts

There is no timeline. Self-delete account feature is a courtesy, not an internet mandate. Should there be consideration to re-implement this courtesy feature, it'll be at the sole discretion of the website's operator.

If you wish to depart the website, edit your personal details with anonymous information, maximize your privacy settings, disable all communication, log out, delete cookies/cache and don't return.

There is no timeline.
So at the moment there’s no plan and we got to wait for permission to get it deleted?

Which how does that work be nice long enough and your account can finally say bye bye since ironically if that’s the case it probably be easier to cause a ruckus or something to get it deleted

Last edited:
Self-delete account feature is a courtesy, not an internet mandate.

Wrong. If a website offers its services in the EU, then according to GDPR, every user should have the right to have his account deleted.

If you wish to depart the website, edit your personal details with anonymous information, maximize your privacy settings, disable all communication, log out, delete cookies/cache and don't return.

In my humble opinion, this is very impractical, too. After some time, there will be plenty of inactive profiles.

OFC is hosted in 'Murica and owned by a 'Murican company, thereby following 'Murican laws. EU is irrelevant.

Here's some quality reading:

Here's a few interesting excerpts you've agreed to while registering and every time you enter the chat:

16. Geographic Restrictions​

The owner of the Website is based in the state of Florida in the United States. The Company provides this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. The Company makes no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website might not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.

Source: https://onlinefreechat.com/legal/terms/

20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction​

20.1 Florida law governs all matters relating to the Website and this agreement and any dispute or claiming arising from or related to the Website and this agreement. Florida law applies without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the state of Florida or any other jurisdiction).20.2 Except as provided in section 21, the parties will institute any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this agreement or the Website exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the state of Florida in each case located in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, although the Company retains the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of this agreement in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by those courts and to venue in those courts.
Source: https://onlinefreechat.com/legal/terms/
Welcome to 'Murica. :cool:

Nice, thank you for reminding me of that.

I get your point, but if the Company offers its services in the EU, then the EU is not irrelevant. When you are offering your products on "European soil", you have to follow European law by just the fact you have entered "European soil". For example, I take other American companies like FB or Google, which have already changed their terms of use in the EU because of GDPR.

That's my opinion which, of course, is irrelevant right now, for the message is quite clear - users won't be able to delete their profiles.

Anyway, now to the point. I read the Terms and Conditions once again, and there is nothing about that user is giving his personal information to the Company forever (correct me if I am wrong, please). Shouldn't there be mentioned that there is no option in the future to delete his profile?

You aren't required to give any personal information other than an email you choose to receive account verification with.

In fact, personally recommend to never give personal information to anyone on the internet.

So don't give your data to anyone.

Back