Ego The Beast Within Our Minds Part 1

JustinTyne

OFC Regular
Ego, an enigma whose philosophical expanse proves one of the most challenging subjects for budding illuminators to effectively sort through. When tackling this topic, the adherent will discover the vast majority of Ego related literature, as provided by the world of psychology, sociology and new age funkiness, does little to clear muddy waters. Having sifted through many sources; there are a few valuable references I choose to hang my hat upon, these being; the teachings of don Juan Matus, Gnostic texts, philosophy of the ancient Greeks, and the meanderings of a few modern philosophers like Bill Hicks or Timothy Freke, who slightly touch upon the caustic nature of Ego. From the big screen; we can investigate Guy Ritchie's classic movie "Revolver" whereby a fantastic job of illustrating ego at play was constructed. Because Ego plays an all encompassing role in our lives, I point to these few works as a fantastic place to establish a foothold into the unruly subject of Ego. You may ask; what is the benefit of chasing this old Tiger? Consider this simple observation; in the forest of consciousness, Ego is, by far, the most elusive and dangerous of beasts.

What dangers do we speak of?

Ego appears to us as a tangible construct responsible for framing the human experience in such a way that we are encouraged to adopt a belief structure of separation, physicality, death, and the little "I". Ego, by confounding our sense of reality and reason, supports the experience of a material world which, in turn, keeps humanity from discovering our true GodSelf nature as the ultimate, indivisible, eternal, singularity. The experience of time and space are manipulated by Ego, in so much as, the focus of humanity most often is unwittingly funnelled into the past or future whilst forsaking the glory of the now moment. We find Ego also serves as the underlying current responsible for transporting humanity into the domain of fear, expectation, hope and despair. Ego prevents us from breaking through the many barriers of illusion, it hobbles our sense of possibility. Moreover, in the lives of us all, ego acts as the primary catalyst of chaos.

What is the origin of Ego?

This qualifying question of Ego's origin opens for me a Pandora's box of possibility, of which, I may never close. However difficult the query, there are a few interesting suppositions which, possibly, might shed some light on the topic. The Gnostics believed there exists two primary forces guiding consciousness expression; the first being the Goddess Sophia, creator of our universe. Aided by her subservient Goddesses and Gods, Sophia is responsible for guiding humanity toward light and love. The Gnostics believed the unadulterated path of humanity is to express our GodSelf nature. Adherents of the Gnostic philosophy, like us today, needed to explain why chaos seems to represent such a large portion of the human experience. Their conclusion was to point toward the antithesis of Sophia, which they suggested was represented by a force called the "Archons." Their belief structure argued that the Archonic expression represented a ubiquitous force of nature responsible for clouding the collective mind of humanity, in so much as, we are unable to identify with our true nature as Sophia's GodSelf progeny. Gnostic texts paint a compelling picture of good and evil constantly at odds in a race to gain the seat of consciousness.

Closer reflection of Gnostic assertions leaves me with the realisation that the force of Sophia represents the greater GodSelf "I", while the Archons are akin to what we would consider the Ego, or the small "I". Gnostic truth, in my opinion, maintains that the Archons, like everything in our universe, originates from the Sophia creation. Archonic service to Sophia enables humanity the ability to experience duality so that we may observe choice as the fundamental core of how we manifest consciousness in the material world. Investigation into their philosophy could lead one to assume Ego, at the very least, represents the antithesis of love. If we are to accept the Gnostic rendition of humanity being subjected to ethereal benefactors, in addition to, nefarious assailants, then, we certainly will ascribe Archons the role of God busters. Ego's part in the cosmic dance is somewhat easier to pin down than it's origin. However, if the Gnostics were right, then we can believe the presence of Ego to be an indivisible part of consciousness, eternal in nature, very much a function of our 'perceived' reality.

Much like the Gnostic assessment, we find don Juan Matus expressed Ego in terms of a separate being responsible for twisting the way humanity sees consciousness unfold. Matus used the term "Fliers" to describe what one would assume is the antithesis of our true GodSelf nature. Below is a quote from don Juan Matus clearly describing, to his protege, the predatory nature of the Fliers.

" I want to appeal to your analytical mind. Think for a moment, and tell me how you would explain the contradiction between the intelligence of man the engineer and the stupidity of his systems of beliefs, or the stupidity of his contradictory behaviour. Sorcerers believe that the predators have given us our systems of beliefs, our ideas of good and evil, our social mores. They are the ones who set up our hopes and expectations and dreams of success or failure. They have given us covetousness, greed, and cowardice. It is the predators who make us complacent, routinary, and egomaniacal."

"In order to keep us obedient and meek and weak, the predators engaged themselves in a stupendous maneuver; stupendous, of course, from the point of view of a fighting strategist. A horrendous maneuver from the point of view of those who suffer it. They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind, which becomes our mind. The predators’ mind is baroque, contradictory, morose, filled with the fear of being discovered any minute now."

Matus could not be more precise in his description as he offers Carlos Castaneda a purview into the alternate, or Egoic Self. Like the Gnostics, Matus unequivocally defines the Fliers as separate beings, acting as infiltrators, manipulators, and deceivers of the higher human expression. Don Juan leaves little doubt as to the role Fliers play in striking down any attempt a sorcerer's adherent would make toward exposing their domain, or understanding their modus operandi.

Don Juan emphatically instructs Castaneda that, of all his teachings, nothing is more important to the man of knowledge than the subject of Fliers.

Speaking to the origin of the Fliers, don Juan suggests they have always been part of the greater landscape of humanity. Furthermore, don Juan indicates the tapestry of illusion, as conveyed by Archons, represent an inescapable function of consciousness. Matus speaks of seeing the Flier overtake an infant child, his visions reflecting upon the disquiet of knowing the child's true sense of reality has been hijacked, never to be freed unless the child learns the sorcerer's way of knowledge.

To me; the most exciting part of Matus's revelations define exactly how the Archonic parasitic presence dominates the mind of all humans. The aforementioned quote represents only a small slice of what Matus offers as a clear, unequivocal, peek into the predatory mind which we all unwittingly use to filter our reality. The best way I could illustrate the gist of the Matus revelations, is to suggest you acknowledge that all you see, think, and feel, is filtered through the Archon mind. What you describe as your mind, your experiences, your thoughts, feelings, and emotions, are not your own. You only think they are! Paint a composite of the "I" you see in the mirror, you will be directing attention to your Archon.

You think this Archon is you, but it is not!

By example of the Matus assertions, readers of the "Yaqui Way of Knowledge" discover many exciting revelations as the author, Castaneda, moves beyond the unveiling of his own personal curtain of Archonic deceit. Under the tutelage of Matus; Castaneda discovers a strikingly different reality, one which very few people are privileged to entertain. Castaneda soon learns the natural laws of the universe no longer apply. Space, time, physicality take on new meanings. Like Alice in Wonderland; all is not as one would expect in this menagerie of spiritual bliss.

Doors open to expose new found powers of perception, all life unifies as one for Castaneda. The wolf, coyote and eagle become his true brethren as he imbibes of their spirit running through canyons, soaring high above the desert below. Miracles of the GodSelf bring to light bizarre abilities Castaneda never knew existed. Casteneda learns how to be in two places at once, to travel thousands of kilometers in seconds and to discover full harmony with all living beings. Take heed to the lessons of Matus, you too will come to accept that the essence of your persona is, a mirror of lies, a betrayal to your true nature. More to the point, what you glean as the 'real' you is in fact a very pale reflection of your potential as a God realised being.

Back