Pm

We need to be certain here that I'm not making any assumptions about what you mean, so if you could clarify, that would be great, but:

My assumptions:
- You are talking about people opening private message sessions with you in chat.
- You are talking about users that you don't see in the user list in the rooms that you are in.

What I think is happening: You probably don't see them. Any user can close all rooms that you are in (so you don't see them in any user lists in rooms you are in), and can type "/msg [user]" to send a message to any user who is connected to the network, in any chat room or in no chat rooms.

So, how do you know they aren't in chat? You don't see them in the user list? Or their forum page doesn't say they are logged in? The former is explained above. The latter, there are privacy settings -- to to your options in the forum and you can see them -- that will prevent people from being able to see when you're online.

I see them on the user list in main, just not in the room im in. it is what it is..

Yeah, it isn't a requirement that a person be in the same room as you to send a message to you. Just because they can't click your name, that doesn't mean they can't use the text command to send a message.

Anyway, not a bug, working exactly as intended. If someone is using this to bother you, though, you can disable PMs per gender, from guests, or entirely (with the exception of those from people on your friends list) in the chat options.

Back