Sockpuppeting Banned :(… what even is that.

Paige23

OFC Regular
Does anyone know what sock pupetting is? I got banned for that last night. I’ve put an appeal request in but I want to know what I actually did wrong to get the ban. I wasn’t been rude or been malicious in any sort, just chatting with friends before the ban. If someone can enlighten me that would be great, Thank you.

I didn’t even do anything, I was just chatting last night like I normally do and got banned. Hopefully they resolve it. Nothing has ever happened like this before xx

more precisely it is impersonating someone else, like having a fake account

the chat thing and the internet in general has become so fucked up that admins of all board bans faster than ever. Happens not just here, I see that on other sites like Fubar too

I wasn’t impersonating anyone but my awesome self lol. Everyone knows me in the chat. I’d never need to be someone else. Damn! This is crazy. Thank you for the help, I do appreciate it. I’ve only had this one problem in my whole time been here so I guess the mods do a good job xx

I wasn’t impersonating anyone but my awesome self lol. Everyone knows me in the chat. I’d never need to be someone else. Damn! This is crazy. Thank you for the help, I do appreciate it. I’ve only had this one problem in my whole time been here so I guess the mods do a good job xx
not saying you were, just explaining what it is :)
I hope this get resolved soon for you :)

Thank you for explaining it to me. I guess it’s a good protocol to have. Have a great day xx

identity theft
Sockpuppeting - A sockpuppet as a fictitious online identity created for the purposes of deception. Sockpuppets are usually created in large numbers by a single controlling person or group. They are typically used for block evasion, creating false majority opinions, vote stacking, and other similar pursuits.

A sockpuppeting ban happens when a person is in chat on more than one account at the same time.

It is not identity theft.

That makes sense there was another Paige in chat that night which I though was odd I even screen shotted the message they sent me. So someone has clearly thought the other Paige was me. Can moderators check the IP address to actually see It wasn’t me. This is my only account. Thank you for clearing it up vixxxen it all makes sense now.

Attachments

• EC703AEA-8E15-4E5B-84D2-F54BE523F8E3.jpeg
    EC703AEA-8E15-4E5B-84D2-F54BE523F8E3.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Worse thing is I think a bot banned me. This is the message I get when I try log on. Am I permanently banned? That sucks if so, especially when I’m innocent (for once) lol xx

Attachments

• 83F662AA-AFE5-4116-B658-509E4D30CC6C.png
    83F662AA-AFE5-4116-B658-509E4D30CC6C.png
    253 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Sockpuppeting - A sockpuppet as a fictitious online identity created for the purposes of deception. Sockpuppets are usually created in large numbers by a single controlling person or group. They are typically used for block evasion, creating false majority opinions, vote stacking, and other similar pursuits.

A sockpuppeting ban happens when a person is in chat on more than one account at the same time.

It is not identity theft.
I clarified later what it is

Back