Was my experience a sexual "gray area"

Layladada

In a past relationship I was watching the show "Spartacus" with my then BF. An SA scene came on and immediately after my bf got up came over to where I was sitting. I was already laying down so he stood over me pulled my pants down and started having intercourse with me. It was like he wanted to recreate the scene in Spartacus because he positioned me the same way as the scene we watched and he wouldn't let me get up.

Me and him have had this kind of fantasy role play before so maybe he thought I was turned on by the scene but it all happened so fast that I didn't or couldn't really say "no". I was also under the influence. So idk. It may not be a full on assault but something doesn't feel quite right about it either. Could this be a gray area sexual experience, am I overthinking or overreacting? Was this SA? I havent been with this guy for years but has I started healing and unpacking truama this keeps coming up for me in my mind and I could use some advice.

In a past relationship I was watching the show "Spartacus" with my then BF. An SA scene came on and immediately after my bf got up came over to where I was sitting. I was already laying down so he stood over me pulled my pants down and started having intercourse with me. It was like he wanted to recreate the scene in Spartacus because he positioned me the same way as the scene we watched and he wouldn't let me get up.

Me and him have had this kind of fantasy role play before so maybe he thought I was turned on by the scene but it all happened so fast that I didn't or couldn't really say "no". I was also under the influence. So idk. It may not be a full on assault but something doesn't feel quite right about it either. Could this be a gray area sexual experience, am I overthinking or overreacting? Was this SA? I could use some advice.
I'd say, pretty definitely, abusive behavior... especially if you were under the influence, presumably not capable of making an informed decision. Fantasy roleplay is one thing, but taking advantage of you without your explicit consent just seems wrong IMHO).

Have you talked with him about this since then? Any sense that he has any regrets, or second thoughts? This is one situation where having a safe word becomes really important!

Back