Let's see... feedback...

J

JerseyGirl

Now, the board title is: "Site, Chat, and Forum Feedback" - meaning we are allowed to actually give feedback without it being dismissed or even deleted because you don't like what you read, right?

I'll give it a shot.

Now, this is about the forums as I am no longer active in the chat rooms - so, don't know what goes on in there anymore - don't really care.

My opinion: the site's got a lot of flaws. Lots of holes and slacking in security of your members. It's not managed properly or given the right amount of attention that it needs.

-Serial problematic members who are essentially "perma-banned" are allowed to come back to stay once they find a way around their IP ban. Everyone is just told to "use their block" instead of admin staying vigilant on these members who've broken ToU on more than one occasion (evading their ban is even against ToU, is it not?) and removing them, or finding a better way to keep them from returning.

-Members get ignored when they have an issue that's distressing them.

-Posts removed without explanation. Resulting in us to just assume that you guys feel like you can just delete things that you get tired of reading because you have the access to that little delete button, and there's nothing we can do about it.

-People create multiple active accounts and nothing's even done about that. Or is that allowed? I thought it wasn't.

I always felt some kind of verification at registering should be implemented. It will keep MOST of the troublemakers, scammers, even some underage people from joining. (Yes, you do have underage members, but that's a whole other issue.)

You want us all to just shut up and "enjoy" the site - well, try and help us do that. Make it harder for undesirables to have access or regain access. Make it easier for the members who do keep the forums alive and fun, and interactive. You have a few well-known active members who've helped the site tremendously by being a part of it and contributing that are feeling like they can't even stay here because of how things aren't being handled properly.

I get it... after a while, the same shit gets old and annoying, but that's just part of running a site like this. You have tons of members. You're gonna run into problems. They need to be handled properly and not ignored.

Maybe assign a couple more people on for admin duties that have the time to manage the site properly. I don't know. Just a suggestion.

With that said, I'm not really directing this towards the mods. I know they have different authority and can only do what they can. A few have even been good about helping me to the best of their ability in the past.

I'm speaking more in general than anything. I don't know how many administrators are actually present/involved in managing OFC. I know there's at least one - and she's expressed on many occasions how she "has a life" and can't always find the time to get around to dealing with things on here. So maybe find some assistance?

Just my feedback and suggestions - with a bit of rant thrown in. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed out posts were removed from the 'Just me, but naked' thread again and now a couple of other users have attempted and complimented her when it's not even her pic.

So if our posts are being removed then why is the person who started the thread not having their posts removed when clearly she is a fake?

Surely fakes and scammers are more of a concern than a few people outing them for what they are? I've had run in's with the admins before and got banned under a previous name. I learned my lesson though and behaving myself this time, to a certain extent. But honestly, if it's still that blonde thing. Can't remember her name, but she couldn't run a piss up in a brewery. She is never here, but apparently it's okay to be pretending to be someone else, use someone's pictures without their consent, but it's not okay to inform people that these people are liars. Nothing will get done about it, there is a better chance this thread will be deleted.

It would be so much easier if people that use fake pics who actually do claim that is them because some just use other pics because they don't want to use their own, that is understandable, but there should be no room for liars. I fucking hate liars and I'm pissed off that our posts are being deleted to allow these liars to continue to roam the forums and threads and trick people into liking them. Yeah, okay there is an abundance of gullible twats here, who'll jerk off to about anything, but some genuine people might not know how to use reverse Google search etc and they then send pics of themselves to these people to find out they have been lying.

Sort it out admin. Right now you're about as useful as tits on a fish.

Oh and if I get banned (again) then been nice knowing you all! :cool:

Well, I don't think there's a rule against using fake pics or anything. It's more of a general, personal thing for some of us, not being interested in the fakes or their game - and pointing them out in case others feel the same way.

Some of us don't like not knowing who the fuck we're talking to and would rather associate with genuine people. Personal preference. And so what if we might assist others in avoiding them by calling em out? *shrugs* Whoever pays attention, pays attention - the rest are gonna ignore the call out and keep fapping anyway, so I don't really see the harm in a Google screenshot :p

I mean, technically, it's illegal to use another's photo without permission - but as far as site rules go, it's not bannable, I don't think.

I'm more concerned about the security of the members, honestly. This site needs more attention to keep things running smoothly. As far as I've seen, it's just the one admin that's comes around sometimes and she doesn't seem too thrilled about it lol

And they can't ban you for voicing your opinion... I mean, they can and will do what they want, of course - but that would be a pretty fucked up thing to do - and if they do, they may as well ban me, too \o/

I'm going to respond to some of these.

You want the perma ban thing set in place for all people who have been banned from the site, then take into account that some people you are friends with on here were banned from the site and are back. If the perma ban was put into place then those people would have to go as well. Do I feel some people shouldn't be allowed back? Hell yes. But those are a few select people. Some who were banned, have been allowed back and have shown they have learned from their ban. So, in my opinion, the perma ban should only be put into place for the select few who are known to stalk and harass, the underage, the pedos.

As for the fake pics, those are going to be on any site you go on. Maybe 10% of the people are posting real pics of themselves. The other 90% are fake. That is why you should know how to be able to find them out. The issue here is, it has become a witch hunt. People have stopped posting on the forum due to that. They sign in and see nothing but the drama and don't want to post. I, personally, cringe when I see the forum now. Maybe people need to step back and think "Is this person hurting me or anyone I know?". If so then report. If not then just let it go. This site is too small to be having witch hunts and will never grow if this continues. There is nothing in the TOU about posting fake pics. (I probably should of typed that first.)

Do I like people posting fake pics? No. I feel everyone should be real. But hell, this is the internet. That isn't going to happen. We also need to keep in mind, for some people this is just a fantasy. They come to get lost in a world that isn't real and will be fake doing it.

The thread that was posted and deleted, that was due to the original poster of the thread asking for it to be removed.

So, in my opinion, the perma ban should only be put into place for the select few who are known to stalk and harass, the underage, the pedos.

Yes, that's what I mean - the troublesome members that come back and consistently re-offend. I agree there should be a perma-ban, but only for the ones that just keep being asshats upon their return.

Thank you for responding, Vix!

Not really sure it's in the best interest of the people that use this forum to just allow people that use fake pics to scam people to just roam around freely. I think it was JerseyGirl that said that not all will show up in Google and there is a couple of other tools that can be used.

Personally I think people should be banned for using these pics to scam folk. I said earlier yeah, some might just like the look of them and are open and honest it's not them, but the ones who are saying it's them when it's clearly not, that should really be a breach of the terms of usage here.

As for not being welcoming, I only recently started using the forums. Well, I say recently a couple of months ago, but I felt as if I was welcomed. If you are gonna post as a fake, or harass someone freely and get away with it then there is going to be some backlash. If people just turn up, post their thing, have fun and enjoy, they'll be welcomed. I'm not welcoming someone who's primary reason for being here is to fool people into thinking something they are not.

@ViXxXeN you know I think the world of you. You're a great gal, but I think things need to change in the forums in more ways than one for them to be more of a success. You can't just blame people for calling out fakes. Ultimately people will want to feel safe and I think having more trustworthy folk around the forums/threads would be a step in the right direction. Perhaps admin that can be around in a more permanent basis. And aye, I haven't forgot I was banned. But since I got back, been doing well but there are ones that clearly don't know how to change, good people are thinking about quitting, and your numbers will reduce. So if it's about building a community, you might wanna start by trying to keep the ones that helped make it what it is today and get rid of the ones that don't deserve to be here.

Now, the board title is: "Site, Chat, and Forum Feedback" - meaning we are allowed to actually give feedback without it being dismissed or even deleted because you don't like what you read, right?

I'll give it a shot.

Now, this is about the forums as I am no longer active in the chat rooms - so, don't know what goes on in there anymore - don't really care.

My opinion: the site's got a lot of flaws. Lots of holes and slacking in security of your members. It's not managed properly or given the right amount of attention that it needs.

-Serial problematic members who are essentially "perma-banned" are allowed to come back to stay once they find a way around their IP ban. Everyone is just told to "use their block" instead of admin staying vigilant on these members who've broken ToU on more than one occasion (evading their ban is even against ToU, is it not?) and removing them, or finding a better way to keep them from returning.

-Members get ignored when they have an issue that's distressing them.

-Posts removed without explanation. Resulting in us to just assume that you guys feel like you can just delete things that you get tired of reading because you have the access to that little delete button, and there's nothing we can do about it.

-People create multiple active accounts and nothing's even done about that. Or is that allowed? I thought it wasn't.

I always felt some kind of verification at registering should be implemented. It will keep MOST of the troublemakers, scammers, even some underage people from joining. (Yes, you do have underage members, but that's a whole other issue.)

You want us all to just shut up and "enjoy" the site - well, try and help us do that. Make it harder for undesirables to have access or regain access. Make it easier for the members who do keep the forums alive and fun, and interactive. You have a few well-known active members who've helped the site tremendously by being a part of it and contributing that are feeling like they can't even stay here because of how things aren't being handled properly.

I get it... after a while, the same shit gets old and annoying, but that's just part of running a site like this. You have tons of members. You're gonna run into problems. They need to be handled properly and not ignored.

Maybe assign a couple more people on for admin duties that have the time to manage the site properly. I don't know. Just a suggestion.

With that said, I'm not really directing this towards the mods. I know they have different authority and can only do what they can. A few have even been good about helping me to the best of their ability in the past.

I'm speaking more in general than anything. I don't know how many administrators are actually present/involved in managing OFC. I know there's at least one - and she's expressed on many occasions how she "has a life" and can't always find the time to get around to dealing with things on here. So maybe find some assistance?

Just my feedback and suggestions - with a bit of rant thrown in. Thanks.
There are several things I want to do to this site, I get where you are coming from.

Lol, well feel free to voice them and have them go unheard \o/
Two factor ban enforcement:
[Redacted] Available upon private request.

Burn bots:
No Kik/Snapchat/anything else in public forum, chat, or profile posts, all must be traded in private. A policy to report spammers over PM to AI admin as seen below, such bot would attempt to intercept such messages in passed in private on some redacted filter parameters.

Remove 120 second post limit:
Install a policy of after 10 to 15 post in a time rotated value. So sometimes 15min others 20-25.

Ban enforcement/user protection:
All photos must be published WITH metadata, before being viewable on any part of site, chat or fourms all metadata will be redacted.

Ranking member only parts of fourm/chat:
Members would be required to have minimum community rank to post/view. (Prevents bots from just creating accounts and posting.)

AI administrator:
For issuing warnings and breaking up fights on fourm and chat, preventing drama....

~Gunnerzz
I have more just not on my phone I ponder this sometimes.

Lol Hey, if you ever think about starting up a similar site with your ideas implemented, I'm in :p
Unless someone wants to help host such a site along with everything else that goes into maintaining such a site.

Granted people seemed to like my ideas, there may be a fork of furry in the near future. Key influencers seem dissatisfied with the current status of administration. Never had more than eight likes on one post ever....

~Gunnerzz

Back