FUCKKKKK

Gunnerzz

OFC Regular
I am in college, moving, and trying to get a second job as well as not flunk this semester. I am getting paranoid about my math teacher, she makes a lot of comments to me about my ADHD. I may just be paranoid, I have a strange way of writing out division. Like I see 1216/4=304 as (1200/4)+(16/4)= 304 and write it out a little differently. I have had teachers in grade school accuse me of cheating or failing me for "failing to show work."(It is there don't bitch at me cause your too piss stupid too understand it, was not a adnormal conversation for me.) I she basically told me do it my way it will help with your adhd, translation do this shit in a way I understand. I didn't say anything in response to that so in theory I haven't provoked anything, aside from still doing things my way. I am worried she might try and pull something. Maybe I am just being parinoid from past experience.

~Gunnerzz

I am in college, moving, and trying to get a second job as well as not flunk this semester. I am getting paranoid about my math teacher, she makes a lot of comments to me about my ADHD. I may just be paranoid, I have a strange way of writing out division. Like I see 1216/4=304 as (1200/4)+(16/4)= 304 and write it out a little differently. I have had teachers in grade school accuse me of cheating or failing me for "failing to show work."(It is there don't bitch at me cause your too piss stupid too understand it, was not a adnormal conversation for me.) I she basically told me do it my way it will help with your adhd, translation do this shit in a way I understand. I didn't say anything in response to that so in theory I haven't provoked anything, aside from still doing things my way. I am worried she might try and pull something. Maybe I am just being parinoid from past experience.

~Gunnerzz

I don't exactly know how it works in your college, but is there not a department set up for people who have special needs? I had 2 classmates who had ADHD and they needed extra time for exams as well as people to read assignments for them, and a particular department in our student services section would help them and make the necessary arrangements. I find it so unfair that teachers are not sensitized to different ways of learning as well as differing needs of their students. It is a pity and this, in my opinion, should be tested before granting/renewing teachers licenses.

College is super different from high school in that, at least in my experience, high school teachers still cared about you a little. In college, you're just one of a passing number of students that those teachers see daily, so you become much more faceless. They don't care that you need to process differently, the attitude is 'learn this shit and move on'. So you might need to do a bit of research into the student services that are available to you. Good luck!

I don't exactly know how it works in your college, but is there not a department set up for people who have special needs? I had 2 classmates who had ADHD and they needed extra time for exams as well as people to read assignments for them, and a particular department in our student services section would help them and make the necessary arrangements. I find it so unfair that teachers are not sensitized to different ways of learning as well as differing needs of their students. It is a pity and this, in my opinion, should be tested before granting/renewing teachers licenses.

College is super different from high school in that, at least in my experience, high school teachers still cared about you a little. In college, you're just one of a passing number of students that those teachers see daily, so you become much more faceless. They don't care that you need to process differently, the attitude is 'learn this shit and move on'. So you might need to do a bit of research into the student services that are available to you. Good luck!
I dropped out of that college and am going to technical school, I got sick of dealing with people who don't do there jobs.

I dropped out of that college and am going to technical school, I got sick of dealing with people who don't do there jobs.

Pity, but I'm glad you're not letting those assholes stop you from studying. Keep at it! :)

Back