Anxiety

Everyone has his or her secret sorrows which the world knows not. The worst kind of pain is when you're smiling just to stop the tears from falling.
Everyone has his or her secret sorrows which the world knows not. The worst kind of pain is when you're smiling just to stop the tears from falling.
Never had anxiety but do have depression so I get you and your struggle to some level. I try to take positives out of my issue and it actually works to bring me back round.

I also heavy self medicate which I dont recommend.

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
Just try to teach yourself to surf or go surfing alone. People may ot get the problems of mental illness but it's always good to have a sound board to just let out issues to.

You're right anxiety is not about courage but for many it is not just anxiety. For example, It can be low self esteem, simply being told "you're stupid." A person believes it because can be told by so many times by different people.
So just talking of anxiety, I agree a simple task can turn into a very complicated task to a mere impossible one it's hard to control.

My anxiety is people, I'm ok with one to one, I'm not ok with a group. I try go on OFC chat and I can't do it on a big scale as I don't know what to say. Then when I do say something I feel people tend to hurt me or judge me so I go on defense where I leave the chat.

Even in real life I struggle with people, I used to be the '"main man." I didn't like it though, the centre of attention all focus on me and over the years it got worse, going outside to face the public I get panic attacks.people don't know what it's like.

I know what it's like.

I really do feel that ofc chat is probably THE worst place to go if you suffer from anxiety. I also suffer from it (and depression) and I still find it really upsetting.
Mind you on the flip side, it is a way to make friends and come out of your shell a bit. I love to chat. My personality thrives on it, my issues however, do not. o_O
I totally agree with that. First I came here an a sort of sexual escape a year ago...now? I’m here for friends who I care about and I know care for me. I’ve made forever friends :)

Anxiety and panic suck. Some people just don’t get it. I try to describe that my brain is broken. Then explain why I would make rash decisions.
Some people get it. Some don’t.
It can hurt a lot when they don’t understand.

Growing up in trauma, you start thinking in a different way from childhood on. Moreover, you do not know what to do with your feelings. If you don't have anyone to help you manage your emotions and set boundaries, you grow up like a puzzle. I'm still trying on the pieces.

At the moment I find it most annoying that everyone has their own frame of reference. In my opinion this is why psychologists and psychiatrists can't heal all people. People must heal themselves. Sometimess we will not heal, then we have to create as much quality of life as we can. Believing everything that's broken, can be mend is not only a waste of time; it's something that will frustrate you on your way to healing. (---> Update 03-08-2020, I have learnt that I was wrong: broken minds CAN heal.)

Two years ago I took an online course in how to love myself. It took 21 days of commitment and it's still helping me today. It's in Dutch, but without a doubt you can find something like this in your own language. I'd say really learning to love oneself, is the best way to deal with anxiety, anger and stress. Be kind and gentle with yourself, treat your self as you would treat your best friend.

Last year I read a book that's been most helpfull; Breaking Negative Thinking Patterns - a Schema Therapy Self-help and Support Book EAN: 9781118877715. If you want to know more about this book, check this link: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/breaking-n...ltgh=oY-rIREiKkRnfNbw545MUQ.1_2.5.ProductPage

If someone is really interested in this book, but can't afford it, this is my idea: I'll buy the book, you give me your adress and I'll send it to you. The only thing I ask you to do in return is leave a post here in this thread as soon as you are done with it. Then you can send it to the next person who wants to live a more peaceful life.

Last, but not least, if anyone wants to talk: let me know! I'll be here for a couple of weeks. (---> update 03-08-2020, I definitely got that wrong too! :))

Sorry for the long post, I'll keep it short from now ;-)

Last edited:
Back