So called site improvements

echoed_spirit

OFC Regular
Whether this post is read by those that should read it I don't really care, but I will put it out there in the vain hope of it being read or acted on....
For a start trying to fix a problem that chat is now is far to late, admin should of been acting or active in sorting out chat in the first place as a going concern.
But the immediate concern is the insistence of non gender specific mode in gender or sexual orientation is damn right ludicrous..... surely room dynamics should be taken into account rather carpet bombing rooms with mods that are clearly clueless or will be over stretched by being in every room.

For far to long the site is and has been run by the numbers rather than the quality of chat, and yes I understand its a money game but surely like anything you would rather have quality returning users than a constant stream of guests, which spam or troll....I have used this site for numerous years and I do speak my mind as most will testify, its not out of spite its's from a clear want for this place to get better not or admin but for genuine users like myself
Here's an idea than will, like my other ideas in the past will be either acted on and stolen or ignored.... but how about in gender specific rooms, or indeed other rooms have a user vote on dominated users as I think this will generate more respect for the appointed mod and can control said rooms better.

As long as they have our digital information to sell, and as long as guests keep coming and clicking ad banners, the administrators simply will not give a shit. This has all but been proven fact at this point.

They're too busy worrying about blocking Adblock Plus and legitimate VPN's than actually improving the website or chatroom.

Whether this post is read by those that should read it I don't really care, but I will put it out there in the vain hope of it being read or acted on....
For a start trying to fix a problem that chat is now is far to late, admin should of been acting or active in sorting out chat in the first place as a going concern.
But the immediate concern is the insistence of non gender specific mode in gender or sexual orientation is damn right ludicrous..... surely room dynamics should be taken into account rather carpet bombing rooms with mods that are clearly clueless or will be over stretched by being in every room.

For far to long the site is and has been run by the numbers rather than the quality of chat, and yes I understand its a money game but surely like anything you would rather have quality returning users than a constant stream of guests, which spam or troll....I have used this site for numerous years and I do speak my mind as most will testify, its not out of spite its's from a clear want for this place to get better not or admin but for genuine users like myself
Here's an idea than will, like my other ideas in the past will be either acted on and stolen or ignored.... but how about in gender specific rooms, or indeed other rooms have a user vote on dominated users as I think this will generate more respect for the appointed mod and can control said rooms better.

Not so much a trouble maker for fed up with the arse licks that aren't readily to say what's needed to be said.... the place has gone to the dogs having regular long term users go and filling the empty rooms with guests that destroy any conversation.... and what's their policy in fix this, by appointing moss to flood rooms....tooo little to late to save this place

Hello. I have actually read this and would first like to say, I like a challenge. I never see anything as not able to be fixed and take into consideration any suggestions. Now with that said, I've literally been in and out of here for several weeks and I keep hearing about guests. Blah blah guests. Well the guests are our revenue, which keeps chat from dying.

So are you wanting no guests room? That may be a consideration if we can get the chat to grow.

Again thanks for expressing your thoughts.

Hello. I have actually read this and would first like to say, I like a challenge. I never see anything as not able to be fixed and take into consideration any suggestions. Now with that said, I've literally been in and out of here for several weeks and I keep hearing about guests. Blah blah guests. Well the guests are our revenue, which keeps chat from dying.

So are you wanting no guests room? That may be a consideration if we can get the chat to grow.

Again thanks for expressing your thoughts.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand guests are your bread butter but also the regulars that use the site are.
They don't contribute anything in the quality of chat and drive people away from the smaller rooms where they like to be away from the large rooms.
I've seen over the years many users leave the site because it.
Is there a compromise I don't know, is there a way from improving quality over quantity again I don't know because time and time again user concerns are never actually dealt with or considered.

Well next week we start are starting with proper mod training and the clean of forums etc. I plan of going from there in seeing what needs changed, and i'll take everything you've stated into consideration. Thanks!

I've been noticing improvements on the site, I don't come on very often but I've been around enough and come frequently enough to notice changes.

Big improvement is definitely the automod, it just bans bots and keeps them out of the chat and the bot population has diminished significantly as a result on the chat itself. Next step is just purging the forums of all those empty spam-bot threads that just clutter every section.

As for the guest: If I want to have a convo with people, I just go into a room with said people and just lock it/invite only so no one can get in. Rather simple solution.

I personally don't mind the guest, they can be entertaining honestly. But I can get why a lot of people don't like randoms that disrupt the flow of chat. We need them on the site though.

As for certain ways the website is designed, I can understand. They found a way to get the ads through ad-block. Not a huge deal, ads aren't even annoying to me. Can't speak for mobile users, I am on PC so maybe ads are worse on mobile?

Increase in moderation definitely right step, I see side chats like #GayChat is actually moderated now. I think the community isn't patrolled well enough but even then I never felt like the site was unusable or that I couldn't stand it. Anything that was negative that would dissuade me, was frequently just petty drama. That's gonna happen no matter what.

There was a point brought up about catfishing, which is a problem I see a lot. Majority of 'girls' I can assume are just guys, but do we really have any system possible to vet that? Short of demanding actual identity I don't think so. Just a thing that comes with adult sites you have to deal with. Do note in the TOS, if you haven't read it you should it's very interesting. That: Misleading is a bannable offense, so if you catfish I *assume* you can get banned for it. Maybe that's not exactly what that section intended, but I certainty interrupted that is one possible use for it.

Suggestion, maybe dealing with catfishes you can do IP comparison, if a user has two different gender accounts chances are it's a catfish, probably a dude who has a side female account or w/e just a suggestion. I personally haven't been mislead that much on this site, it's pretty obvious when they're fake.

But on top of that, the biggest concern I have is underaged people. I have at least previously seen quite a few people who are definitely underaged, even admit it. Typically guest though, I believe adding mods every where is a good way to find those people and remove them. I haven't been on every day to see progress or the impact, but I feel even the small changes are making a difference.

I would suggest everyone voice their opinions, Staff seems quite keen on responding so being courteous and politely asking questions or making suggestions is a really good way to go about it.

Well next week we start are starting with proper mod training and the clean of forums etc. I plan of going from there in seeing what needs changed, and i'll take everything you've stated into consideration. Thanks!
Tbh mod training is a consideration in what is acceptable in a room through what is legal or not, as an ex mod myself I tried to be fair and read the rooms I was in to gauge the room dynamics and dealt with people appropriately whether it was a warning, mute or ban, as I seen over the past few weeks people are getting an out right ban( another "guest" issue through them getting around the ban.
As for my previous reply since the last improvements last year yes numbers did increase but now bottoming out.

A1TpQxT.png

#freedethmetalchick2018

I've been noticing improvements on the site, I don't come on very often but I've been around enough and come frequently enough to notice changes.

Big improvement is definitely the automod, it just bans bots and keeps them out of the chat and the bot population has diminished significantly as a result on the chat itself. Next step is just purging the forums of all those empty spam-bot threads that just clutter every section.

As for the guest: If I want to have a convo with people, I just go into a room with said people and just lock it/invite only so no one can get in. Rather simple solution.

I personally don't mind the guest, they can be entertaining honestly. But I can get why a lot of people don't like randoms that disrupt the flow of chat. We need them on the site though.

As for certain ways the website is designed, I can understand. They found a way to get the ads through ad-block. Not a huge deal, ads aren't even annoying to me. Can't speak for mobile users, I am on PC so maybe ads are worse on mobile?

Increase in moderation definitely right step, I see side chats like #GayChat is actually moderated now. I think the community isn't patrolled well enough but even then I never felt like the site was unusable or that I couldn't stand it. Anything that was negative that would dissuade me, was frequently just petty drama. That's gonna happen no matter what.

There was a point brought up about catfishing, which is a problem I see a lot. Majority of 'girls' I can assume are just guys, but do we really have any system possible to vet that? Short of demanding actual identity I don't think so. Just a thing that comes with adult sites you have to deal with. Do note in the TOS, if you haven't read it you should it's very interesting. That: Misleading is a bannable offense, so if you catfish I *assume* you can get banned for it. Maybe that's not exactly what that section intended, but I certainty interrupted that is one possible use for it.

Suggestion, maybe dealing with catfishes you can do IP comparison, if a user has two different gender accounts chances are it's a catfish, probably a dude who has a side female account or w/e just a suggestion. I personally haven't been mislead that much on this site, it's pretty obvious when they're fake.

But on top of that, the biggest concern I have is underaged people. I have at least previously seen quite a few people who are definitely underaged, even admit it. Typically guest though, I believe adding mods every where is a good way to find those people and remove them. I haven't been on every day to see progress or the impact, but I feel even the small changes are making a difference.

I would suggest everyone voice their opinions, Staff seems quite keen on responding so being courteous and politely asking questions or making suggestions is a really good way to go about it.

All things we are already starting and will be working on next week!

Tbh mod training is a consideration in what is acceptable in a room through what is legal or not, as an ex mod myself I tried to be fair and read the rooms I was in to gauge the room dynamics and dealt with people appropriately whether it was a warning, mute or ban, as I seen over the past few weeks people are getting an out right ban( another "guest" issue through them getting around the ban.
As for my previous reply since the last improvements last year yes numbers did increase but now bottoming out.

The thing is, The mods are not in to mod the drama of adults. They are in to keep out pedos, minors, and other icky stuff. Adults should, and I stress a SHOULD, be able to control their actions enough to stop being ass hats. Of course there is always going to be an exception or two and they will be handled in appropriate ways. I am also working on stopping the evaders but even that takes time and digging. We will get where we want to be, but it takes cooperation and work.

Yeah the evaders are annoying. I've never really seen the drama be unbearable beyond a one time thing, people do a pretty decent job at being civil as far as I can tell on here. ^^

The thing is, The mods are not in to mod the drama of adults. They are in to keep out pedos, minors, and other icky stuff. Adults should, and I stress a SHOULD, be able to control their actions enough to stop being ass hats. Of course there is always going to be an exception or two and they will be handled in appropriate ways. I am also working on stopping the evaders but even that takes time and digging. We will get where we want to be, but it takes cooperation and work.
But sadly cooperation sadly has lacked over the years and as for ass hats I must admit I am one (on occasion) but I also understand mods are there do to a job. The thing is they are also there to have their buttons pushed in a way of"why isn't this done" that should be done by admin.
Here's an idea rather having a mod in every room why not have an old school option of having a voiced member in a room rather than every moderator being in a room.
Chat is chat and will always generate asshats, but surely to make chat flow there needs to be understanding from everyone and not just what you as owner/admin thinks should be done. It takes everyone to improve the site. You yourself have said you have said "guests thelis guest that, blah blah" so a lot of people are unhappy, but we also understand it's your bread and butter.

I agree that it does take everyone, but I also think that before you discredit a site and improvements, you should probably let them happen and let us decide if their is a way to improve upon them, or if they should change. As for the moderation suggestion. It has been tried in a few of the other sites that are larger and it didn't go so well, so as of right now we will take on additional moderation. Should anyone of you wish to apply, the link is under announcements i believe.

Back