a suggestion for chat moderators

tacks

I have enjoyed the chat over the past few weeks. And I'm truly grateful.

Would it be wise to give moderator access to a few of the trusted regulars?

Could you enable a few people to ban those who blatantly and repeatedly violate the rules?

Ask a few people to ban extreme problems when no other mods are available? Enable a few who are willing to just be assistants -- help out when and if a need arises?

Elsewhere people were more wiling when the agreement was "ONLY an assistant" -- NOT promising to resolve every single little issue that pops up every ten minutes. Just be a backup plan if you happened to be online.

thanks for reading

I'd really hate for some bad people misuse the chat and create a legal problem -- create a big problem that might be easily prevented.

I've seen a few assholes post about underage stuff. I'd hate to see such assholes congregate here and possibly ruin it for other people.

Or I could be wrong. Maybe this issue has already been addressed. I'm not an IT professional not a lawyer. I'm just a noob.

And if this issue is resolved then please do feel free to delete this post, of course. I do not wish to draw attention to a problem.

Or move this post to some place away from public view.

I usually work alone from home. So a few laughs during the day can make my life a lot easier. Chat can make being isolated in a home office much more bearable and pleasant.

I've had some interesting discussions.

thanks for reading,
and thanks for making chat available to me, of course

That's great, TacoBelle.

I should mention that it seems as though the situation that i described above has been remedied. If i remember correctly i did see at least one person step up and help out. I've not seen people violating the rules as often.

So that's nice : )

Back