Adverts

Midnightgirl

OFC Regular
hi,
i know the site costs money to run and advertisments and links help pay for this. But the "moving" adverts on a loop irritate my eyes and give me a headache as well as taking up around 1/4 or more of the chat screen.
Can you remove it using a pop up blocker on firefox as im usuing the browser currently?
thanks
Sarah

Yeah, also in this camp. I don't mind that there are adds, only that they are a large space of my chat window and that they are a moving bright pink and white bar at the bottom of my grey and blue toned chat window. It's particularly jarring and again, I understand the need for add's it's part of why I don't have a downloaded add blocker for youtube or my web browser it's just that the placement and type of add is also hurting the service that I am here for. Which is to chat in relative comfort. Also before this add I could leave the tab open worry free since nothing visually cued that I was on a sex site or the like beforehand for the chat where as now it's a non stop gif of someone getting head at the bottom of my screen again.. highlighted by color options and the sixth of the screen being a white bar outlining it. Maybe include an option to close the add after having your chat window open for five minutes or something along those lines? I don't want to suggest taking money out of your pockets because I want this site to thrive and do well, but I feel like there has to be a better option.

I feel like another option would be to post it to the left side of the screen, having it on the bottom is more annoying partly because people are constantly looking towards the bottom of the screen while trying to see where they are at in the conversation in chat or when looking over their chat box for what they typed. If it was to the left it could occupy the same amount of space just not as a banner.. but still be less jarring since people aren't constantly looking down at their chat box or at the most recent line of the chat window. Having a vibrant contrast constantly next to the main focus point of the center of attention on a chat site is going to constantly bring it back to attention as they continue to chat making it more irritating that it is there. If it were on the top of the screen or to the left I think it would be far more manageable as it could kind of just become part of the white noise of the standard chat (as the standard friends bar already takes up quite a bit of space on the right you don't want to overload that side and clutter it up too much). Any who I hope this is seen as constructive criticism and I know you guys have your hands full getting everything up and running.

Back