Afghanistan

hemihead

OFC Regular
As per POTUS , seems we are going to finally ramp up in Afghanistan . I am 50/50 on that . We have spent blood and treasure there and former leadership failed on opportunities when presented . The biggest thing said that will spare American lives is taking the handcuffs off our Military . The " Rules of Engagement " is a stupid protocol to follow . I have 3 female and one male friend who are vets of Afghan and Iraq and talked with them at length how this worked out and it was absolute insanity . Another thing I would add as a plus is letting the Generals fight the war . Politicians know nothing about actual combat strategy . Micro management from the WH as with former administrations has never worked . A Huge thing is ( and if it holds true ) no nation building . The US should have never gone down the nation building path ever . But that is on the politics side . Our Military was never intended to be ased in humanitarian efforts example , building schools , hospitals , roads , disaster relief , etc . The Armed Forces original intent was for defense of the country . Somehow we have strayed from that . The US won't stand for another Vietnam . Winning every engagement only to turn tail and walk away .

Back