couldn't help myself.... the weekend part 9

TabathaJ

OFC Regular
Soon after the bike was parked and we climbed off it and walked into the place to grab coffee and a quick something to eat before heading back out to continue our ride. As we did we both were surprised at how big the place was, from the outside it looked like a little whole in the wall but once we got inside we found the place was huge and went way back. It had the old time diner feel, on one side a long counter lined with seats and behind them was booths on along the outer wall with tables of different sizes in between them. On the other side of the counter was a walkway where the waitresses were and the wall was lined with the usual coffee makers, cups, plates and things they'd need to serve the food. What surprised us both was in that wall there was 5 openings with a counter and behind that was the kitchen that ran the full length of the place. The place was packed but where neither of us were breakfast people we planned on just grabbing a coffee and something quick to go and go outside to eat them and enjoy the weather. As we were looking over the place we noticed a sign that said "Take-out" so we made our way through the crowd to order what we wanted. As we walked over there I couldn't help but notice as we walked by the guys sitting at the different tables stopped talking as we did and heard a few guys comment about my legs. They were being nice and just talking among themselves so I acted as if I didn't hear them and just kept walking. Soon after we were standing at the take-out counter and were just looking over the menu when we were greeted by the lady who worked that area saying hello and asked if we were ready to order. Just then we noticed a sign that said "world's best coffee" and we both ordered one and then the lady asked if we wanted anything else and Charlie said they saw the sign on the road and just had to stop by. The lady then smiled and said if we were looking for something light to go with the worlds best coffee she suggested their own fresh baked muffins saying they offered 8 different kinds and she rattled off the list for us. I hose a cinnamon coffee cake one and Charlie said the one they called a pistachio nut sounded interesting so he's get that. With that she said it would be right up and she asked how we'd like our coffee and we both said cream with 1 sugar. As we waited we noticed something else, there was another counter area right next to the take-out window with a sign that just said "Thermos refill" that was double the size and there was a steady line of the waitress's at one and a line of truck drivers each holding their own thermos standing in line. as we looked we saw that area had 12 coffee makers and four other machines we soon found out were coffee grinders which were going non-stop. Each time a fresh pot of coffee was brewed the beans were ground fresh to make it. We saw a sign that said "Thermos refill $2.75" which was served black and next to that was a bin full of little creamers and packs of sugar witha sign that said help yourself." Soon after the lady returned with our order and Charlie asked about the thermos window and she smiled saying that people loved their coffee so after so many requests from the truck drivers they opened the thermos window which goes non-stop. She then went on to say that the owner was a real fanatic about his coffee and their coffee was actually a mixture of five different beans that were ground fresh each time another pot was needed. With that she said that from what we asked she could see it was our first time there so our first cup was on them and the muffins would be $2.50. As Charlie paid for our muffins he asked if there was any tables outside and she there was a few benches but if we were interested there was a perfect place we could sit and enjoy our coffees and muffins. Charlie said it sounded perfect and she told us that as we walked out the door to go to the left and once we got to the rear of the building we'd see signs that said "Overlook Gazebo." She said that it would mark a path to the top of the hill and the gazebo where we could sit and enjoy our coffee and muffin adding that it was a short walk but the view was breathtaking and worth the short walk. Soon after we were walking up the dirt path to the top of the hill as the roof of the Gazebo came into view and as we got there we found the lady was right, the view was breathtaking. It sat at the edge of a cliff over-looking the ocean which Charlie said guess was about 100 feet straight down, For safety reasons the cliff edge was fenced off with a tall chain link fence and the top had rows of barbed wire running along the top of it so no one could climb over it. As she said there were tables in it so we found one we liked and sat down to have our coffee and muffins as well talked and looked out over the ocean. As we peeled off the covers of our coffee cups we were treated with the aroma of the coffee and as promised it was the best either of us had ever tasted. The muffins were just as amazing and Charlie and I shared half of our with each other and Charlie said we would defiantly be stopping in the diner to get some to take home. Once we finished our coffee and muffin we walked out of the gazebo and along the fence to look down the cliff to see the water crashing into the rocks below, it was such a beautiful site. In order for me to see the bottom I had to hold onto the fence and lean over and as I was doing that I felt Charlie come up behind me. I heard him softly say the view was beautiful as he grabbed my hips pulling me back a couple steps so I was leaning over enough that I had to hold onto the fence so I wouldn't fall. Then just as quick I felt his hands sliding up my legs and as they reached the bottom of my skirt they grabbed it and lifted until it was around my waist.

Back