Depression

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by WitchySeaWingLady, Jul 23, 2018.

1. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I'm glad this is being talked about. I think we all deal with this in some form and for different reasons. The more its talked about the more we all see that everyone deals with it and we dont feel like an outcast. I've dealt with it for quiet a few years myself. I am in denial alot about my depression and anxiety issues cause I fake it through alot and my brain believes it alot of the time. I am the strong one and strong ones dont have depression and anxiety do they? To all of those that have shared thank you and keep fighting the fight.

Roses, Louise_angel, Dogowar and 6 others like this.
  2. ViXxXeN

ViXxXeN Moderator Staff Member

If I could hug you right now, I would.

Roses, Dogowar, AkshayGoodOne and 2 others like this.
  3. Chubby74

Chubby74 Well-Known Member

Its often the "strong ones" who suffer more, we sit and pretend/deny that we have it and just get overlooked when we need the support most. Its only recently that someone has broken down my walls and really allowed me to talk without feeling ashamed or embarrassed about it

Roses, Misha000, Dogowar and 3 others like this.
  4. AkshayGoodOne

AkshayGoodOne Well-Known Member

Well, I have deep sympathy with the people here who went through such grave hardships in life, but, to be really honest, you don't necessarily need to have had a traumatic experience or a bad time to get into depression. You might be having the best time of your life, just when a single disturbing thought strikes you and you fall into the trench. Depression often leads a way for inquiry into self and challenges you to find viable solutions to the problems that haunt you to it. It's after all, an individual thing and it can't be prevented or eliminated once and for all. The person in their vulnerable state need our support. That strength helps people come out of it.
    Depression isn't a thing to fear or abhor, but to be dealt with care and patience.

Roses, Louise_angel, Misha000 and 5 others like this.
  5. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Well-Known Member

You're all saying exactly the same things I would, so I won't repeat.

You're all amazing - don't ever feel ashamed or alone, and I know that's easier said than done, but it takes enormous strength to fight the darkness - so yes, you are strong, and as @DDD said, keep fighting <3

Louise_angel, Roses, Misha000 and 6 others like this.
  6. Mr-Nice-Guy

Mr-Nice-Guy Active Member

Things got very bad for me, divorce, and very lonely as well as health issues, I always remember the wife saying to me "you're depressed." I knew I was but I had no help. It got worse and worse and my ex said "I can't cope with you." It felt I was being blamed and one thing lead to another and I wanted to die. But I didn't want to die either. I battled myself, fighting, battling. I am so happy to being here and sharing this. It's not easy to talk about it all, I am having help now and I want to share as it's not easy and it does seem like things get swept under the carpet, we have enough stigma about and it should be open and shared. Not many understand mental health so I have been suffering with PTSD since I was 2 that's how far back I can remember. People have been cruel, vicious to me. I gef told that's the past live for the future. It's not always possible to do that. It's easy to say the wrong things. Just being a listener is all it takes. I do not feel comfortable discussing my life on here but if anyone wants to talk please feel free to pm. I am kind of a private person. I respect others, please respect me too. Thank you xx

7. Chubby74

Chubby74 Well-Known Member

To everyone who's here and suffering with depression, either personally or living with someone with depression. Please feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I've known both sides of the coin and while I may not give the best advice, I will happily just listen and give feedback based on what you say. Anything said will remain with me unless you state otherwise.
    Keep fighting and remember, you're not as alone in the battle as you sometimes feel

8. Mr-Nice-Guy

Mr-Nice-Guy Active Member

This is a poem that I wrote.

Take a look

Take a look at me what do you see?
    Take a look at me no one sees the scars,
    Take a look at me is all there is of me
    Take a look at me feeling of hopelessness,
    Come take me away to a better place,
    for all I have is too much for me,
    No one knows who I am inside,
    For years living in life of emptiness,
    No one listens to anything I say,
    I have no voice for all that's gone,
    The darkness still the sunlight away,
    The full moon not even shining sway,
    No one knows who I am,
    Does anyone really cares?
    Take a look at me and tell me what do you actually see?