I confess...

...movie critics piss me off and should go find other jobs for their inside the box thinking.
They don't piss me off but I have to agree with you. Some movies they are completely negative about I find to be really good. And some movies, they are raving about I find to be awful.
I guess it is all in what a person likes to see.

They don't piss me off but I have to agree with you. Some movies they are completely negative about I find to be really good. And some movies, they are raving about I find to be awful.
I guess it is all in what a person likes to see.

I know it's kind of about the person viewing the movie, but I think when your job is to give a non-bias review of a movie for people to read, going into the show with a closed off mind and narrow thinking makes you the wrong person for your job.

I know it's kind of about the person viewing the movie, but I think when your job is to give a non-bias review of a movie for people to read, going into the show with a closed off mind and narrow thinking makes you the wrong person for your job.
That's true of any job, really. If you look at anything with only your own perspective, you only set yourself up to fail.

What qualifications do you need? Do you start out a critic then begin watching movies? Or do you start watching movies and say, "Hey, this one sucks?" In the end it's just one person's opinion. No matter how qualified.

...movie critics piss me off and should go find other jobs for their inside the box thinking.

Hey Sandrock, I agree with you, even the nature of a job title with the word "critic" is so negative in the first place. It's just someone's opinion, and I have learnt in life to form my own opinions, whether it's a movie, book, etc. We all have our own life experiences, and a see things with different lenses. But yes, Movie Critics, should think outside the box, but I think in some cases so much money making is involved, that opinions are easily bought.

Back