Legit confession time...

BigBadRJ94

OFC Regular
Ok, so a select few people here may already know this about me but I know a lot of people will be hearing this news for the first time. So here goes... on the 14th of July 2016 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and March is MS Awareness Month so I felt now was the best time to come forward as such. Living with this condition is far from easy and it made me depressed once I accepted the news, I struggle with the simplest of tasks due to my energy levels being low the majority of the time. This is me in hospital getting the latest yearly treatment in October last year. I’m open to discuss anything people may wanna know about it so any questions, ask them here. Also this hair you see is being shaven bald for an MS charity this month

Attachments

• B0401410-5982-4A37-9AA2-FCBF7DB3F9B6.jpeg
    B0401410-5982-4A37-9AA2-FCBF7DB3F9B6.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 9
What kind of treatment and how does it help you?
I have a yearly treatment of something called Lemtrada which is applied through an IV drip. The benefits are that it lessens the likelihood of specifically bad episodes, last year when I was close to the next treatment I collapsed on my landing and had something similar to a seizure so that wasn’t fun. But *fingers crossed* I’ve been much better since November which makes me feel the medication does its job pretty well. Thanks for the questions :)

That's awesome that the treatment helps you. I didn't know there was a treatment that could help. So, I learned something new.
Does or did anyone else in your family have it?

Back