Moderating Rooms

echoed_spirit

OFC Regular
Rather than having many eyes in every room regarding moderators, which I must say does not work as I have seen on numerous occasions that's it has taken a while to be dealt with, that each room should have at least two dedicated moderators that can solely watch the room which I think will be more effective, you could also go old school and have a few voiced members in each room that could effectively mute offending users until admin/moderators can deal with the offender.
I have used this site for many years now and seen a lot of changes, although changes have been put in place again it has not improved the quality of certain rooms other than main chat room.
Also the only English rule in chat understandable but lacks any ley way, I'm English but have a dialect which sometimes I type in which others can not understand although it's still English does this mean I will get banned!!!!
Rules are rules which is fair but ruling with an iron fist is not fair, some rule breaking should be met with a warning first.
This may not sit well with most admin/moderators or taken on board due to my opinions in the past but I will always be honest and forth right in my opinions.

The English only rule has been addressed and changes made on that.
As for mods taking awhile to handle issues in some rooms, if people in those rooms would report violations then those issues would be handled a lot quicker. Being a former mod, you know that when a report is made mods see those immediately no matter what room we are in.

As for mods taking awhile to handle issues in some rooms, if people in those rooms would report violations then those issues would be handled a lot quicker. Being a former mod, you know that when a report is made mods see those immediately no matter what room we are in.
And as a former moderator I knew that moderating a single room is more effective that relying on users using a tool that more than often do not realise it's there....your point is taken but not agreed with

And as a former moderator I knew that moderating a single room is more effective that relying on users using a tool that more than often do not realise it's there....your point is taken but not agreed with
And you will also find
I also knew that first sight of offensive material gets dealt with quicker than waiting for users to report as users often guests leave with in a minute of posting

And those guests are still dealt with. Not all bans are seen in the chats.

And those guests are still dealt with. Not all bans are seen in the chats.
That isn't my point I was making and I know not all bans are seen. I had a feeling it would be you trying to justify these things you feel are flawless

That isn't my point I was making and I know not all bans are seen. I had a feeling it would be you trying to justify these things you feel are flawless
It's my opinion and have not tried to justify my views only to voice them and I will continue to do so whether yourself or others agree or disagree with them

Why do you feel like you must poke everyone with a sharp stick? She was simply stating her opinion as well and you have to throw a barb or two in there. Your opinion of how things should be done is quite noted.

Why do you feel like you must poke everyone with a sharp stick? She was simply stating her opinion as well and you have to throw a barb or two in there. Your opinion of how things should be done is quite noted.
And here is the inevitable reply....so my opinion is not valid yet hers is? And how is stating that I was expecting it would be your other half to reply to my post poking with a sharp stick?

Last edited:
Do you need to be slapped?

In all seriousness, ejay, what you write is often seen as prickly and sometimes inflammatory. Not everyone is out to get you.
We all see your stated (strong) opinions on the issue and obviously you do get responses from people. Unless its a straight up saying like I think you need a good slap, there is no way for you to tell the tone of a response to you. Whether you see those as hostile or not is completely on you as this is just simply text. Implied meanings need to be accounted for, but you should always tend towards the more obvious rather than trying to pull meaning where ever you see it.

What the fact of this matter comes down to is that we are not here 24/7 like robots to handle all issues. Thats the reason for the recent large increase in numbers of mods - to try and fill coverage gaps.
Yes we did think the iron fist was excessive and the admins have since addressed that to all of us.

Do you need to be slapped?

In all seriousness, ejay, what you write is often seen as prickly and sometimes inflammatory. Not everyone is out to get you.
We all see your stated (strong) opinions on the issue and obviously you do get responses from people. Unless its a straight up saying like I think you need a good slap, there is no way for you to tell the tone of a response to you. Whether you see those as hostile or not is completely on you as this is just simply text. Implied meanings need to be accounted for, but you should always tend towards the more obvious rather than trying to pull meaning where ever you see it.

What the fact of this matter comes down to is that we are not here 24/7 like robots to handle all issues. Thats the reason for the recent large increase in numbers of mods - to try and fill coverage gaps.
Yes we did think the iron fist was excessive and the admins have since addressed that to all of us.
And what gives you the right to think that's what I want? You have no right to have a go at me due to my opinions and I know not everyone one is out to get me yet here you are being prickly towards me...And you wonder why I defend myself when I voice and opinion and get idiotic replies like yours. And if you want to have a go at me please do it privately...and yes you are having a go at me...this is a forum post about ideas not personal

Not one of you has agreed or disagreed with any point I have made or thought my ideas had any merit. You have all agreed that what's in place is corrected and perfected aoart from my view are invalid due to my nature...yes it's good that the "Only" English rule is more flexible. But I'm not posting a thread to be troublesome I do it because without questioning rules nothing will improve...yet here I am defending my views again

Oh this looks like drama...*scans over the thread and laughs*...yea ok, ya got a valid point, but why be a condescending douchebag about it?

Back