Music Discussion

Dafoo6390

OFC Regular
Alright, alright peeps we got some books we got some movies, but we don't have music. Which I feel like music is too vast to really go hey what's your favorite band or album or song and get like a real feel for that person's musical taste so I figured we could just have a thread dedicated to talking about music we like. Maybe make suggestions for what you think other people would like based off what they are saying. I mean, I get it we all just listen to pandora on shuffle now but I wouldn't have found ES Posthumus radio without word of mouth.

Anywho, I am pretty into music. I am not good at it or anything but I was a vocalist in a trash garage band back in the day and we had a lot of fun. I listen to mainly the various genre's of metal and step music lately, but I do love me some grunge also I have had a bit of a rap binge.

Some artists I am really into are Tool, Enigma TNG, Celldweller, Disturbed, System of A Down, Otep, My Chemical Romance, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Hopsin, Tyler the Creator, Eminem, Yelawolf and yeah. That should be a good jumping off point.

I love Disturbed and My Chemical Romance, foo.

Okay, so my music taste is all over the place. I'm the youngest of 5 so I got stuck listening to all my siblings stuff, plus my parents. I ended up with a diverse taste in music.

My all time favorite band is Queen. Freddie Mercury's vocals are are awesome. He had the voice of an angel.

I like Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, Carrie Underwood, Reba McIntyre, Skillet, The Cab, Starset, The Weekend, Breaking Benjamin, Little Mix, Young Scooter...just to name a few.

My absolute favorite genre is acapella. Maybe that is another reason for liking Queen like I do.

I would say I like Skillet and Breaking Benjamin. I listen to the weekend on occasion I won't change the station on him but I also don't look him up either so I don't know there lol. I'll have to check some of those out.

Oh man, if one were to look at my ipod list, they would find anything and everything on it. I am a huge fan of Queen, The Killers, Garth Brooks, Nightwish...again, going all over the place.

I love all sorts of songs also, but I think my favorite that always gets to me is "When You Were Young" by The Killers. Maybe it's because i'm getting old =P

My parents, college, and having lived in so many different places and heard many different radio stations has influenced my music tastes.

can I post a link to something I like hearing right now ? yes ? okay I don't have favorite music but I like lots of music, from rap to beethoven, genre abides to what I want, I can listen to Game OSTs , then go to listen to DIO or Black Sabbath a few hours later.

For now listen guys to this beautiful OST from Kingdom Hearts 2

Yeah dude throw all the music video's you want to here. Assuming that complies with the guide lines that I totally read but have no idea what they are. Sandrock, I always like listening to older people's ipods there is always some random stuff on there. Also rarely any full albums..

Well this one's quite a bit of mix to sort out. Firstly, I listen to almost all type of genre there is out there. Many would peg me for a Rocker or Metalhead from the Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Epica and Evanescence songs I get in a shuffle but my top genre is Classical music and Classical alternative (got to love Bond :D).

My first music genre in life was Game OST due to my SNES :'( those were the years... After that Ev to Lindsey Stirling. Oh on some days a little Abba is a must along with some Queen. In fact instrumental is my daily wake up alarm.

Alright, alright peeps we got some books we got some movies, but we don't have music. Which I feel like music is too vast to really go hey what's your favorite band or album or song and get like a real feel for that person's musical taste so I figured we could just have a thread dedicated to talking about music we like. Maybe make suggestions for what you think other people would like based off what they are saying. I mean, I get it we all just listen to pandora on shuffle now but I wouldn't have found ES Posthumus radio without word of mouth.

Anywho, I am pretty into music. I am not good at it or anything but I was a vocalist in a trash garage band back in the day and we had a lot of fun. I listen to mainly the various genre's of metal and step music lately, but I do love me some grunge also I have had a bit of a rap binge.

Some artists I am really into are Tool, Enigma TNG, Celldweller, Disturbed, System of A Down, Otep, My Chemical Romance, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Hopsin, Tyler the Creator, Eminem, Yelawolf and yeah. That should be a good jumping off point.

Mate ES Posthumus radio is quite something, I got a few of their songs mixed in my Pandora channels and can say its good.

I try to fight depression a lot, I have been depressed for years, well you know the symptoms, too much sleep, not really wanting anything out of my life, unable to enjoy any progress I make, Introversion, Isolation etc etc.. Well whenever I hear tears in rain, I always feel like going on, even if I am as dead emotionally, it has this healing effect whenever I hear it, I can't help but think of what Roy Batty actually says, but I prefer to recite them myself as opposed to hearing them *since I heard them thousands of times*

Here..

Also the actual scene *Which I think is a masterpiece* Total spoiler alert!! (I really think anyone should watch the movie before watching this scene, but I included it just in case someone wants to remember how the scene goes on)

Interesting that I see many of you mention Queen . I grew up in the late 70's / 80's and sure there were some Queen fans then but the majority of people took Queen as " just another band " . Nobody really raved about them . Many , like me thought Brad May would have had a greater career had he been in a different band . A very underrated Guitarist .
Queen's popularity never soared until Freddy Mercury's death from AIDS then suddenly , overnight , people seemed to think they were better than sliced bread . Their earliest albums are IMO , better than the drippy pop garbage they produced later that got them air play .
Again , IMO , Queen II was their best work . The rest was all weird Pop Music except for maybe " Tie Your Mother Down " off of Day at the Races . Just interesting how when an artist dies , that they suddenly become popular . maybe more than they deserve .

Interesting that I see many of you mention Queen . I grew up in the late 70's / 80's and sure there were some Queen fans then but the majority of people took Queen as " just another band " . Nobody really raved about them . Many , like me thought Brad May would have had a greater career had he been in a different band . A very underrated Guitarist .
Queen's popularity never soared until Freddy Mercury's death from AIDS then suddenly , overnight , people seemed to think they were better than sliced bread . Their earliest albums are IMO , better than the drippy pop garbage they produced later that got them air play .
Again , IMO , Queen II was their best work . The rest was all weird Pop Music except for maybe " Tie Your Mother Down " off of Day at the Races . Just interesting how when an artist dies , that they suddenly become popular . maybe more than they deserve .
I have Bohemian Rhapsody as my ringtone. Queen is class.

I have Bohemian Rhapsody as my ringtone. Queen is class.
I'm not saying that Queen is bad . Just I think because of the circumstances of Mercury's passing , that Queen has been blown out of proportion of a mediocre talent . Nobody knows , or has ever listened to any songs that were not played on the radio or made a soundtrack in a movie .

I'm not saying that Queen is bad . Just I think because of the circumstances of Mercury's passing , that Queen has been blown out of proportion of a mediocre talent . Nobody knows , or has ever listened to any songs that were not played on the radio or made a soundtrack in a movie .
I see what you're saying. however, i liked queen before Freddie passed. Theres nothing wrong with younger generations enjoying his music. Mediocre?? i guess its a matter of opinion. I think Freddie was talented. i enjoy most music, from Zeppelin to Guns N Roses to Bon Jovi to Ed Sheeran. Music in itself is very therapeutic.

Back