Not quite human, Part 2 (non-explicit story)

Sandrock

ViXxXeN's Sugar Dumplin'
Staff member
OFC Regular
Christina looked around frantically, searching for a way over the wall, and then the thought of “turn around” fought its way past the panic. Finding that a reasonable thing to do, The Prey turned around.

And there stood The Vampire.

Christina screamed more out of reflex than actual fright. The noise echoing thru the alley and off the buildings, going nowhere.

Then the fright set in and Christina screamed again, this time the sound being more frantic, a “Get the fuck away from me!” sound and pressed herself back against the wall keeping her from potential freedom.

Screaming. Not just any screaming, desperate screaming. Was music to The Vampire’s ears. The beast paused, letting the noise dance around the area before slowly walking forward, the smile returning to its face.

“This has been the perfect night, did you know that?” The Vampire spoke, its voice oddly perfect, but if you listened closely, you could hear the killer in it.

The Prey didn’t answer, instead it tried to press itself further into the wall, tears starting to fall from the wide hazel eyes as it realized that it’s luck…and life…and run out.

“I mean, first off, I meet you and you my dear are quite the looker.” The Vampire winked, an odd action considering its facial structure. “And then”, a chuckle bursts forth, “the look on your face when you realized what I was! And then there was the chase, and the screaming...god I love the screaming!” another laugh, “And now the best part, the eating.” The Vampire ended that statement with a wide grin, showing off its fangs, drawing a sob from quivering figure in front of it. As the vampire known as Eric started to reach for its prey, it managed to form a sentence of words broken by sobs, “W…what are y…you?” The Vampire was about to answer when another voice beat him to it.

“One ugly bastard.”

The Vampire straightened up and turned around slowly, growling more in annoyance of its interrupted meal than in being discovered.

A young man stood at the entrance of the alley, the moonlight showing him to be short but stocky with the longer hair that many of today’s teens sport. He stood with an even stance, arms folded tightly across his chest, his face plain, giving away nothing.

“Now that,” The Vampire replied, “Is just rude.”

“So is killing someone against their will.” Answered the young man, his facial features growing a little harder.

“I prefer to call it…population control, and besides a guy has to eat.” The Vampire smirked. “So, you know what I am boy”?

The young man nodded “Like I said, an ugly bastard, otherwise known as a vampire.”

The Vampire rolled its eyes, once again annoyed “And so you thought to play the white knight and save the damsel in distress.” The Vampire started to advance. “You are either brave, or a fool, but either way, I thank you for providing both dinner and desert”. As if to emphasize the statement, The Vampire’s fangs slipped over its lower lip.

“G….grayson?”

The Vampire turned its head, looking back at its original prey. Poor Christina was huddled back against the wall, eyes wide but fully focused on the figure of the one man any girl at school would love to see come to their rescue. But even recognizing the face of one of the toughest athletes at Raining Rock High School did little to ease her mind. The terrified part of her mind told her that this was one opponent that even the tough as nails William Grayson would fail against.

“Yes Tina, it’s me, you doing alright?”

No response, just sobs.

The Vampire turned back to face William. “How cute, you two even know each other”. The Vampire wore a smirk of triumph as it started towards the high school senior. There is something not quite right with him, thought Eric the vampire. Quickly, the predator studied its new prey and quickly found two things. One: unlike Christina, William radiated confidence instead of fear which of was odd for any human knowing it faced death. The other thing was harder to tell and The Vampire didn’t see it until it studied the young man’s face. His eyes are red and the pupils are…wrong, Eric figured out, not quite human?

The Vampire stopped right in front of William, towering over the young man by a good six inches. “So…Grayson…you wish to fight me, even knowing what I am? Very foo…” The Vampires final statement was cut off by a rather vicious left strike from William’s fist, knocking the vampire back several steps. William growled in annoyance as his fist started to bleed from striking the vampires fanged mouth, “You talk too much”. The Vampire snarled, mostly in surprise and then straightened up, licking the trace of blood off its mouth, its eyes narrowing. “No human punch could do that to me, and your blood doesn’t taste…normal…”. The Vampire grinned, “You aren’t quite human, are you my friend?” William answered with a quick series of steps forward and then striking out with his right, the vampire just barely dodging to the side.

“I’m not your friend.” Grayson said quietly through his teeth. A faint aura of white light seemed to envelop him like the flames of a fire, and The Vampires eyes widened slightly and then with a snarl, the beast launched itself forward and the battle began in full.

Back