Not that new now

Chubby74

OFC Regular
Hi all. Been here for a few weeks but this is my first forum post. So I started off just watching and reading what was happening in the chat rooms. Finally spoke to a few people and had a good laugh......then, believe it or not, I found someone really special. She makes me doubt myself in ways that I couldn't imagine, but after all is said and done, I've fallen in love here.

So its been almost a month since I joined ofc now. Sadly a lot of the people I started to get to know in the chat rooms have moved on and things don't feel the same anymore. I'm posting more on the forum threads (really must learn to read them before posting lol) and I'm getting a few likes here and there.
I personally don't think I'm all that interesting, but my Angel keeps nagging at me about my self confidence (or lack of it) and says that I'm far more interesting and likeable than I think.
I'm a good listener and a caring person. I'll try to help anyone through a tough emotional crisis and offer the best support and advice that I can. It was this part of my nature that offered a friendly ear to someone who needed it and ended up with far more than I or she expected. A connection on an epic scale.
I work long hours and there's a considerable time difference between us but we talk almost every day. We talk over multiple platforms and the phone, even though she thinks her voice is squeaky and annoying, I find it a joy to hear and her laugh brightens my darkest days.
I guess what I'm trying to say is don't just message people looking for a bit of quick gratification, get to know them in open chat, learn about them, and if they don't seem like their usual self, take them to one side and as "hey, you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?" We all have our low moments, many people are here because they're low, lonely or just not that confident talking to people in person, so offer a smile, a friendly hug or a shoulder to cry on. At worst you'll be told to get lost.... But you may find a friend for life......or even love.

Thanks for reading and my apologies if it offends or upsets anyone

So its been almost a month since I joined ofc now. Sadly a lot of the people I started to get to know in the chat rooms have moved on and things don't feel the same anymore. I'm posting more on the forum threads (really must learn to read them before posting lol) and I'm getting a few likes here and there.
I personally don't think I'm all that interesting, but my Angel keeps nagging at me about my self confidence (or lack of it) and says that I'm far more interesting and likeable than I think.
I'm a good listener and a caring person. I'll try to help anyone through a tough emotional crisis and offer the best support and advice that I can. It was this part of my nature that offered a friendly ear to someone who needed it and ended up with far more than I or she expected. A connection on an epic scale.
I work long hours and there's a considerable time difference between us but we talk almost every day. We talk over multiple platforms and the phone, even though she thinks her voice is squeaky and annoying, I find it a joy to hear and her laugh brightens my darkest days.
I guess what I'm trying to say is don't just message people looking for a bit of quick gratification, get to know them in open chat, learn about them, and if they don't seem like their usual self, take them to one side and as "hey, you ok? Do you need to talk to someone?" We all have our low moments, many people are here because they're low, lonely or just not that confident talking to people in person, so offer a smile, a friendly hug or a shoulder to cry on. At worst you'll be told to get lost.... But you may find a friend for life......or even love.

I think you should be unapologetic for this one. You’ve said nothing but kind things. You had a cofindent start. Don’t lose faith when coming to the end. <3

Hi. Although I'm showing as a new account I'm actually not new. I used to be known under the name "Magicaltongue " previously so i know my way around here a bit. Can I just say I've read some of your posts and read the two above and you come across as a good and decent bloke. More power to you mate and keep it up. ;)

Hi. Although I'm showing as a new account I'm actually not new. I used to be known under the name "Magicaltongue " previously so i know my way around here a bit. Can I just say I've read some of your posts and read the two above and you come across as a good and decent bloke. More power to you mate and keep it up. ;)
Thanks for that. Its very much appreciated

The thing about chat rooms is people come and go. Most of the people who were around when you joined will be gone in 3 months and a new set will come in. I guess that is why I don't really talk alot with people anymore. :( I just totally made myself sound unfriendly. Hold those close who stick around.

Back