OFC Games Pitch

A

AkshayGoodOne

Hi
I had pitched the idea for a community games section at OFC. This is a public suggestion for the overall idea of how the games could be incorporated into the chat environment.
There can be two possible gaming situations:
1. One on One
2. Community
One On One – These games can be played between two players engaged in a private conversation. I’ve an example of two suitable games for this situation
  • Tic Tac Toe : Steps are as follows

1. View attachment 10147
    2. One of the players, the initiator, opens up Game Tab and chooses Tic Tac Toe to be played. A window opens to both the players on their respective screens. The two players are assigned a Cross(X) and a Zero(O) randomly.
    3. The player has to click on a box he wishes to place an X or an O, followed by another player who follows the same step.
    4. The first one to make a horizontal, vertical or a diagonal streak of crosses or zeroes wins and a point is added to their credit.
  • Rock Paper Scissor : Steps are as follows

1. View attachment 10145
    2. One of the players, the initiator, opens up Game Tab and chooses Rock Paper Scissors to be played. A window opens to both the players on their respective screens.
    3. Each of the players locks their choices (Rock, Paper, or Scissors) and their respective symbols are not displayed until both have locked their choices.
    4. Upon the simultaneous display, the winner is assigned a victory point. (Rock is gained over by Paper, Paper is subdued by Scissors, and Scissors are gained over by Rock)

Community – These games can be played between two or more players engaged in a public chat room conversation. A separate room can be made by the participating members and guests. I’ve an example of one suitable game for this situation
  • Spin The Bottle : Steps are as follows

1. View attachment 10146
    2. Only the user who created the room has the power to spin the bottle at every turn.
    3. The participating users register for the game on the Spin The Bottle screen as they are in the room. Each user is assigned a separate colour through which they would be identified in-game.
    4. A legend at the side of the game box shows what colour denotes each player.
    5. The creator of the room (only one person, so to speak) spins the bottle. The bottle stops at a random duration and position, and the person at the head of the bottle is the target for the person at the base of the bottle.
    6. The bottle is subsequently spun for any number of times, depending on the decided gameplay.

I shall present the Python code for each of these games only to give a basic idea of the game’s execution and logic in my subsequent threads. I hope you liked the idea.

Thank you.

View attachment 10145
View attachment 10146
View attachment 10147

Back