The Wizard of Odd... Living with insanity... Part 1

JustinTyne

OFC Regular
Look closely at our world; isn't it a weird, wacky place, plum full of oddities which are near impossible to explain? Have you ever wondered why the world outside is nothing like the existence we all claim to desire? Do you ever scratch your head asking; how did things get this way? Why is everything so terribly messed up?

Often I find myself pondering these questions?

Is there one single illustration we could conjure up to explain the mess we see, or are their a multitude of social, environmental, psychological, and intellectual factors joining together to form the perfect storm?

Having spent a fair bit of time observing our world; I believe there exists only one single overarching component to the maya we are all forced to experience. The quintessential wrench that clangs about in the mechanical gears of society wreaking organised destruction, heart wrenching devastation, and mind numbing ignorance is, in my humble opinion, the structure of elite domination as dictated by the psychopathy of fascist rule.

The three questions that beg to be answered are as follows.

1. Can we assume the human species is sane?
2. If we consider ourselves insane; how did we get this way?
3. Is our collective insanity a function of the human condition, or is it a manufactured phenomenon?

Are We Sane:

If we are to speak of insanity, it is essential to first define the parameters of what one would consider insane. We may all think we have a grip on such a simple definition however; we serve ourselves well to establish some solid benchmarks which can assist in navigating toward a clear consensus. A little assistance from Oxford dictionary can help us define some loose boundaries, then we will have to forge the balance of our definition from observing the actions and belief structure of society.

Oxford Dictionary:

1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)
: such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility
a: extreme folly or unreasonableness

b: something utterly foolish or unreasonable
4: Latin root in = not; sanus = healthy

To determine if I am insane; the questions I may entertain are as follows.
1. Am I deranged in my mind?
2. Does this unsoundness of mind prevent me from entering into relations, affecting transactions, or behaving in such a way that removes me from criminal or civil responsibilities?
3. Does my behaviour exhibit unreasonableness or foolishness?
4. Simply stated; am I unhealthy in my mind?

Without dragging you, the reader, into this messy assessment let me focus on my own mental well being; I believe you would concur that I do not serve myself well by lying or hiding from truth in any way. I must be honest with you, and myself, if I have any prayer of determining the true state of my mental health. As well; I must proceed slowly and with grave caution whilst, at the same time, defining the proper meaning of the terms I choose to use as descriptors of my behaviour.

1. First question; are my mental meanderings deranged, whereas the definition of deranged is established as an abnormal or sick state of mind?

Abnormal we can define as deviating from the societal average or, what one would consider as normally accepted behaviour. Herein lies the rub; it seems Oxford dictionary, by the mere fact of using my peers as a benchmark for normalcy, has trapped me in a box. If I swim in a sea of insanity, whereas, insanity is ubiquitous throughout society, then do I proudly hold myself up as sane, merely because all my brethren have equally adulterated minds?

Or, do I evaluate my sanity with a higher function, whereas, I covet truth, beyond all illusion, as the sole benchmark used to assess the purity of my mind, in so far as, I can unequivocally state my mental meanderings are scientifically, spiritually and socially sound; ergo beyond all reprehension? I choose the latter; for it does not seem proper to state that I am not sick merely because all of my brethren are just as sick as I appear to be.

When discussing mental health, indeed there are very foggy lines being drawn. By example; if I were suffering with the flu, whilst at the same time everyone in the world were also suffering with the same ailment, then would it be proper for me to suggest my health is perfect just because the flu was prevalent throughout all society? Obviously, this rationale would not make much sense, especially as I would still be dealing with the obvious symptoms of a runny nose, achy body and all around feelings of poor health. If I were a sensible man; I would admit that I am not well, accordingly, I would attempt to convince my brethren that something should be done so that we may collectively determine good health.
Having illustrated my point; allow me to continue with my mental assessment. Without any doubt; I must admit my thoughts are deranged, although, relative to my brethren, this behaviour may not be considered as abnormal, it none the less does emphatically point to a sickness of mind. Your interest may be piqued; what deranged thoughts are running through Chris's mind? There are many levels of mental derangement I can point at to aid in developing my prognosis however; if asked to cite a few areas of ill health, I would start with some basics. Even though I understand the role of higher learning played by ego inviting maya into my reality; I often find myself getting trapped in cycles of past and future. Knowing that past and future exist only as an illusion does not benefit me when I trespass into insanity by fretting over what may come to pass or lamenting over past opportunities which I never realised.

Back