Why Are You Here? [An Ethnographic Enquiry]

Telemachus

OFC Regular
Over the years I've heard a few reasons why people come to a site like this, and I thought it might interest some users to think about how they came here (or profiles, or csc) in great details.

Further, I would put several questions to everyone with an interest:

How did you find a site like this?

What were your initial expectations and reservations on that first adult chat site?

What were you initially seeking?

What drove you to seek a place like this?

What has changed since you began, especially if it's been several years?

Edit: In answering these, I realise some maybe be redundant. Feel free to skip, of course. Not that you need my permission.

Note: I will edit reply with my answers later today, as well as put up a poll when I have a few spare minutes ah, fuck the poll .

To any who partake in the conversation, thanks. And please, if you have further questions to add to my first off the cuff list, by l means ask and I'll add them.
(Filed under confessions since I know you all will be divulging your most intimate experiences and thoughts regarding the question above :D)

Last edited:
How did you find a site like this?
I was once an insatiable randy 18 year old. I used to read erotica stories on a site called Literotica. As it happened they had a chat section. It wasn't great, but to my mind it allowed two like minded people to collaborate on an intimate story of their very own in real time, which was inifinitely more arousing than someone else's half-baked prose. That was pretty awesome. So that's what drew me initially. It was all cyber (as we called it then), all the time.

What were your initial expectations and reservations on that first adult chat site?
I had no expectations, none that I recall anyway. It became clear immediately that there was an anonymity problem, namely that the people you spoke to could be completely false. I recall speaking to one lesbian who had carried on a fairly serious relationship with a woman, spoke to her on the phone, the whole nine yards, and it turned out to be a married man. Voice changer, seriously. One night the man's wife found him asleep at the computer in convo with aforementioned lesbian and divulged the secret.

Even with such a detailed yarn, I knew that itself could be a fabrication. I was not used to such suspicious thought patterns, but I think it's something we've all gotten used to.

What has changed since you began, especially if it's been several years?
Since those steamy days, my interest in this particular site has become very specific. There's approximately two people I speak to in closely, and only one in an erotic way. I have to really hit it off with someone.
The majority of my interest is good conversation. It's like an extra, less inhibited helping of IRL conversation. There's less worry about offending, or saying something weird,or even expressing an incorrect opinion.

I ended up on this site after local sexting changed chats to here. I found local sexting by google search dating and sex sites
Initial expectations was hoping to find someone to take my virginity. Reservations still a virgin and hadnt talked about having sex or showing body parts.
I was seaking people to share pics and chats with.
What drove me here was; as a virgin a friend invited me and a girl to visit someone in the hospital, while in the elevator the girl tit flashed me. This made me so horny I came to the internet to see more.

Back