Why drawing a nude won't make you horny

A

AkshayGoodOne

Hi

Thanks for clinging to this post and paying your kind attention to this undeserving crap blabberer :p

I am an artist and I've been mastering pencil sketches for much time now. Being fascinated with the appreciation people gave me, I decided to draw a nude. And I did.

Now if you think I had an urge to "fap" or something, you're right if you refer to the time before I began drawing. The sight got the hormones flowing :p . But once you begin, you're just looking at shapes, forms and values (extent of blackness or whiteness). You're always focused at measurements of your drawing with respect to reference. The point is, you probably draw the thing that excites you and the thing that disgusts you, in the same way. So you end up having similar feelings for both of the drawings.

This lets us grow as both an artist and as a person. You just need to see everything through the same glasses (without biases/ prejudices/preferences) and you'll end up respecting everything in the same manner

Drawing Technique :
I use a 4H pencil for initial primary shapes/ mannequinization/ abstraction and an H pencil for light shadows and skin coloring.
A 6B pencil for heavy shadows.
An 8B pencil for the blackest regions (Hairs, Holes, deep shadows)
An eraser for the whites (No white pencil)

Always get the shapes and proportions right before beginning to shade. Shading is easier and you can rectify mistakes easily in the rough initial phase.
You might have to rub a lot of your lines and shades before you get it right. So don't get freaked out.
Be as less forgiving to yourself as possible, and don't refrain from rubbing a part of the progress if it seems even a bit wrong.
Be patient. I usually take around 3 hours to finish, but trust me, you'll have fun.
If you feel exhausted, take a break and come back again (I've sometimes even taken naps or waited a day or more between drawing phases)

Here's some of my work.IMG-20180612-WA0005.jpg IMG-20180612-WA0006.jpg IMG-20180612-WA0004.jpg

And this is the one._20180625_232340.JPG

Thank You :*

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Akshay, you are so talented. Those drawings are amazing, what can't you do? You write beautiful as well.

Thank you for sharing the drawings x

Wow Akshay, you are so talented. Those drawings are amazing, what can't you do? You write beautiful as well.

Thank you for sharing the drawings x

Thanks Sun, for supporting and appreciating me like always :)

Hi

Thanks for clinging to this post and paying your kind attention to this undeserving crap blabberer :p

I am an artist and I've been mastering pencil sketches for much time now. Being fascinated with the appreciation people gave me, I decided to draw a nude. And I did.

Now if you think I had an urge to "fap" or something, you're right if you refer to the time before I began drawing. The sight got the hormones flowing :p . But once you begin, you're just looking at shapes, forms and values (extent of blackness or whiteness). You're always focused at measurements of your drawing with respect to reference. The point is, you probably draw the thing that excites you and the thing that disgusts you, in the same way. So you end up having similar feelings for both of the drawings.

This lets us grow as both an artist and as a person. You just need to see everything through the same glasses (without biases/ prejudices/preferences) and you'll end up respecting everything in the same manner

Drawing Technique :
I use a 4H pencil for initial primary shapes/ mannequinization/ abstraction and an H pencil for light shadows and skin coloring.
A 6B pencil for heavy shadows.
An 8B pencil for the blackest regions (Hairs, Holes, deep shadows)
An eraser for the whites (No white pencil)

Always get the shapes and proportions right before beginning to shade. Shading is easier and you can rectify mistakes easily in the rough initial phase.
You might have to rub a lot of your lines and shades before you get it right. So don't get freaked out.
Be as less forgiving to yourself as possible, and don't refrain from rubbing a part of the progress if it seems even a bit wrong.
Be patient. I usually take around 3 hours to finish, but trust me, you'll have fun.
If you feel exhausted, take a break and come back again (I've sometimes even taken naps or waited a day or more between drawing phases)

Here's some of my work.View attachment 7840 View attachment 7841 View attachment 7842

And this is the one.View attachment 7843

Thank You :*
That's some damn fine work there. Reminds me of when I was in life drawing back in college and makes me wanna go get my art supplies.

That's some damn fine work there. Reminds me of when I was in life drawing back in college and makes me wanna go get my art supplies.
Thanks Fuckray. What better than inspiring others for what you're passionate for :D. I hope you enjoy the process yourself :)

Akshay, you've shown me the nude, but the others are equally as amazing! You are very talented. Thank you for sharing your gift with me. :)

Akshay, you've shown me the nude, but the others are equally as amazing! You are very talented. Thank you for sharing your gift with me. :)
Thanks Renee for your such a great support. I feel I should keep pleasing you all with my work, so more might be incoming

Back