Why is Sex Fun?

A

AkshayGoodOne

Hi

(Note : Before reading this, Please make sure you've read my earlier introductory thread "All About Sex". You'll understand this thread better

Here's the link :- https://onlinefreechat.com/forum/threads/all-about-sex.5845/ )

I just got encouraged to continue my contemplation and retrospection in the regard of the most intriguing thing in this world :p....Anyways, let us begin. Actually, there are many ways to explain this. I obviously don't wish to bore you with in-plain-sight, platonic explanation of whatever happens in our bodies during sex, release of certain hormones like dopamine and serotonin and all the research stuff. I'd avoid jargon and things would only require common sense for the diagnosis.

So, before we go on, let us understand what 'Fun' is, to our body.

Anything, which when amplified would lead to irreparable damage and failure of Evolution's long-standing plans for your survival, would give you a sense of 'pain'. A heart-break when amplified would certainly mean no sexual intercourse with a potential partner. Injuries when amplified would mean your physical incapability for the reproduction process. Emotions upon things like Betrayal, Separation, Social boycott, Rejection and loss of self-confidence would lead to implication of many complex things, which our subconscious mind is good at foreseeing, but we aren't. So your body has hard-coded responses to these feelings and causes, signalling you to immediately do something about these things and take corrective actions. Evolution requires your safety, sanity and fertility.

In a similar way, anything when amplified leads to evolutionary success would give you 'Joy'. The thought of emancipation, progress, victory, belongingness, acceptance, social unity could, in an amplified sense, assure your evolutionary instincts of a possible Utopia, or the perfect society which completely adheres to the laws of Evolution, and each progeny is more efficient than its predecessor. So, your body sends a kind of signal to try keeping these conducive factors in your life, through reward hormones that make you feel good.

Now, just for a little while, relate your feelings of Joy and Pain with bodily processes. When you're sad, you drain more of your energy, which your body wants to use constructively and hence, doesn't like this state of yours. Joy is accompanied with bouts of energy surge, preparing you to be fertile, agile and active for the long-standing evolutionary plan.

Now, sex is a very important process for evolution and it requires a lot of energy. Sex is like an energy gamble for your body. It invests the energy generally used for your survival, to pave way for the ultimate plan of Evolution. So, to encourage your state of mind to comply with this energy investment, it sort of tingles or stimulates your senses for activity, which you perceive as Joy. The fun part can also be seen as a reward to encourage reproduction among species.

Evolution, by its principle , wants you to be full of energy and vitality and most importantly, your genetic data to be safe and intact.

Now, these responses are hard-coded in your body, such that even pseudo-sexual stimulation, like masturbation, is probably misinterpreted as sex and you still feel joyous. Note that only the physical and mental faculties of the human species are left open to improvement, not the thoughtful recipe of reproduction. Evolution doesn't prefer corruption in its procedures. However, your sexual preferences are still left for you to decide. Your perception of sex can coincide or interfere with your primal instincts. This is a small loophole, that paves way for your freedom in consciously engineering what sexual intercourse should be for you.

This is an explanation for the normality of humankind. Biological anomalies are excluded

More threads incoming, soon

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a point I have to argue in your post.

Evolution doesn't "want" anything. It has no plans. As the theory is understood and stands, it'ss merely a system of random mutations. Some suit the environment an organism is born into and flourish to be passed on to the next generation. Others do not, and typically die out as a result of not surviving long enough to reproduce.

Changes in environment, the emergence of new species or even just dumb luck can all affect what genes are passed on.

If sex has survived as a prevalent mechanism for reproduction, it's most likely because it allows for the greatest amount of variation and diversity within a species as a result of billions of potential combinations of genes, resulting in a wider potential number of new combinations that may adapt well to a certain environment and thus be passed on.

If the firing of nerves and chemicals in the brain that make us seek out sex and make it pleasurable for us has flourished, it's because those that have a drive to reproduce are more likely to pass on those genes than those that do not.

Last edited:
Evolution doesn't "want" anything. It has no plans. As the theory is understood and stands, it'ss merely a system of random mutations. Some suit the environment an organism is born into and flourish to be passed on to the next generation. Others do not, and typically die out as a result of not surviving long enough to reproduce.

Hey simplepleasures113....Thank you for reading this thread with the required keenness and inquisitiveness..
However, I couldn't find anything that explains the fallacy of this thread. Might be my incapability of understanding my mistakes.
Evolution doesn't "want" anything. It has no plans.
Plan, in this context, means intent. There are no dice-game based changes. Intent, is certainly noticeable. My earlier thread explains that. 'Want' and 'Plan' here, is survival (I realize I kinda ended up personifying Evolution for easy understanding of the concept and drama. ) But I believe you need to refer to my earlier thread to understand this.

As the theory is understood and stands, it's merely a system of random mutations. Some suit the environment an organism is born into and flourish to be passed on to the next generation. Others do not, and typically die out as a result of not surviving long enough to reproduce.

I've definitely talked about species in a general context, and excluded the unnecessary account of possibilities within a species.
Evolution is too slow to react to such temporary changes, but yes, they do matter, only a very little bit. "STABLE" Ecological factors are surely taken into account for evolutionary changes.

Changes in environment, the emergence of new species or even just dumb luck can all affect what genes are passed on.

Evolution is a very, very long process and requires data from the millions of population of that particular species. So any external factor has to be prevalent for a very long time. "Dumb Luck" doesn't induce changes this long......I don't believe I refuted or excluded "Environmental Changes" as a cause of Evolution anywhere. Its integral to it. Emergence of a new species is a different story. If you're talking about a prey species like insects to have evolved camouflage properties for defense, because another species is constantly preying on it, that comes under Environment changes itself, because that's a natural course designed for that hunter species.

If sex has survived as a prevalent mechanism for reproduction, it's most likely because it allows for the greatest amount of variation and diversity within a species as a result of billions of potential combinations of genes, resulting in a wider potential number of new combinations that may adapt well to a certain environment and thus be passed on.

I've already covered exactly this in my earlier thread. Please read and verify for yourself.

If the firing of nerves and chemicals in the brain that make us seek out shed and make it pleasurable for us has flourished, it's because those that have a drive to reproduce are more likely to pass on those genes than those that do not

Didn't really understand what that implies....Who is 'Those' referring to here?
* Some organisms in species? That doesn't justify the evolutionary changes...Evolution isn't because of a few individuals...This concept has to be viewed on a broader perspective. I already stated I preferred not to use any narrower perspective.
* Some Species? Then the 'drive for reproduction' must apply to all organisms in that species and doesn't explain any fallacy in the thread howsoever.

I've covered evolution before. This thread just presents a logical reason why sex was meant to be fun. I hope I have stated myself clearly. However, I'll make it a point to refine my arguments and introduce changes in my threads, just like Evolution :p ;) :D

Thank You :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah my apologies.

I'll fully admit that I failed to read the previous thread, so I may have come on with some misconceptions.

I read your personifying evolutions and its "plans" as making a misinterpretation that I see too commonly in regards to the theory-that adaptions occur as a result of the environment creating them in new individuals rather than being random mutations that survive due to being suitable to the environment.

I don't know why, but I get vaguely annoyed whenever people have this concept that evolution is a willful process or that there's some sort of endgame.

But then I'm kind of odd about this stuff.

*shrugs*

Last edited:
Ah my apologies.

I'll fully admit that I failed to read the previous thread, so I may have come on with some misconceptions.

I read your personifying evolutions and its "plans" as making a misinterpretation that I see too commonly in regards to the theory-that adaptions occur as a result of the environment creating them in new individuals rather than being random mutations that survive due to being suitable to the environment.

I don't know why, but I get vaguely annoyed whenever people have this concept that evolution is a willful process or that there's some sort of endgame.

But then I'm kind of odd about this stuff.

*sheugs*

No worries, Friend.....I crave for people like you who actively participate and lets me retrospect my actions to induce changes in myself (Talking like evolution here :p ) .. You helped me a lot to understand the concepts better. While framing an answer for your reply, I thought a lot over things and that made me better. Truly, I wouldn't have been wiser, had you not replied :) I hope I provided you the value for your precious time

*hugs* :D :p

Back