Why was I banned? Can someone vouch for me?

Flying_Dutchman

OFC Regular
I barely logged in and was banned with the message "known pedo". I am not a pedo and resent this accusation! I shared a gif of two obviously adult women (it was from a well known clip), so I have no idea what I did wrong!

I have great respect for the moderators and the work they do. It's a sad reality that they are necessary and I don't envy their job. In that line of reasoning, I can fully accept that they might ban someone who doesn't do anything wrong, because you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. Better to make sure 100% of the creeps are banned! I would even agree on a ban, because I know it's too much work to give each and everyone a "fair trial". It is our duty as chatters to stay away from any doubt.

But there was no doubt in this case! I bet someone didn't even check the photo, possibly mistaking me for someone else. So why the message "known pedo"? I've been a regular for more than a decade, having seen several incarnations of the chat. I'd ask people who know me - if someone reads this at all - to be a character witness.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Back