Z? (Question Sleep.)

rpbabe

OFC Regular
Yes, I'm a fan of the Johnny The Homicidal Maniac comics and Jhonen Vasquez.
I also more often than not, suffer from insomnia.

I figure this is a pretty good opening to talk about what's keeping you awake.

Do you get creative? Is your mind too busy? Stress? Pain? Too much caffeine? Let's talk about it. Let's talk about whatever since we can't sleep.. OR.. for those of you who CAN, what helps you to fall asleep and stay asleep?

Last edited:
Excellent thread idea and one that I can definitely relate to. Although insomnia can lead to depression and vice versa, they are two distinctly different issues.

The pandemic has led to some anxiety, sporadic bouts of insomnia and some ridiculous OCD shit. I don’t drink caffeinated beverages after 12pm and I only watch the morning cable news because the coverage has burnt me out. I try to limit my time on this site after 5pm, I only check news updates online while I eat supper and try to relax before bed.

I read for awhile and will either sleep, or just try to rest. I don’t want to go on sleep meds, so I will see how things progress.

@RiverRose Thank you for sharing! I can absolutely relate, I've tried healthier habits before bed, limiting caffeine, even trying melatonin, exercise or just stretching and no matter how tired I might be, I can lay awake for hours or fall asleep for about 30min-1 hour and be up again. - I've been using a lot of time off from work this month and the lack of schedule has my sleep *completely* screwed up. I don't know when to try to sleep or try to be awake anymore so I just sort of drift around in a sleepless haze. - As for the pandemic, I've picked up a good dose of social anxiety, mainly because I see so many people not wearing masks!

I’m working from home with only a few hours in the office per week and the lack of a structured schedule and day has left me struggling for some sort of stability. I try to ignore the idiots who refuse to wear masks but that is almost impossible.

I sleep when I can even if it is a short nap in the middle of the day. I practice mediation every night and although it may not lead to sleep, it does help calm the anxiety and provide rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've had problems sleeping ever since my mom was diagnosed with cancer in October of 2006 up to even when she passed in June 2009. Getting up to check on her and make sure she was ok with my anxiety running high because I was so worried about her. Now with that being said...my sophomore year of high school when I spent the night for a sleepover at my best friend's house she asked me if we could put on the radio when we went to sleep and hile I wasn't crazy about the idea at first even though everyone knows I love music but ever since that night it helps me sleep and that's one thing that will help me sleep because I cannot sleep without music.

The only other thing I will do to help me sleep a little better take those sleeping pills they sell in stores and they help as well.

Last edited:
@BabyShady I'm sorry to hear about your mother. :( I can absolutely see how that takes a mental toll. - I know it's not the same but I work in health care and I used to have to check on people every hour and some people had bed alarms for if they got up during the night. When the job got hard, the stress had me jumping out of bed thinking that I was hearing alarms when I was at home trying to sleep. - Like I said, not the same but I kind of relate when it comes to the welfare and well being of other people.
I can't sleep at all unless I have some kind of white noise. A fan, air conditioner or even just the tv... but it has to be low enough so I can't actually understand what they're saying, otherwise I end up listening. >.> My ex tried to get me to try music... but also played System of a Down so that didn't work at all. xD I just got yell at for hours until he finally said, "Yeah, okay, maybe not that.."

Back