Anxiety

Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence, and face your future without fear.
The past can eat away at us. It consumes, when something happens in the present it can bring the past back up. The way to deal with the past is to sort it out to thd best ability only then can you be strong and confident. I am dealing with my past and it's shaped me who I am today. It's not easy but no one said it would only when I got my past sortedcan I live the life I want to live without fear, without regret.

The past can eat away at us. It consumes, when something happens in the present it can bring the past back up. The way to deal with the past is to sort it out to thd best ability only then can you be strong and confident. I am dealing with my past and it's shaped me who I am today. It's not easy but no one said it would only when I got my past sortedcan I live the life I want to live without fear, without regret.

Thank you for sharing. I agree, the past can eat away at us. It comes even when one is happy, sort of creepy feeling, telling that there'll be no happiness. Fear is back.

If anyone would like to pm md about anything at all, feel free. I know how it is as I been there. Sometimes I question myself on what to say, especially when all can read. I do not want to expose myself as weak or cold and vulnerable as I know it can be open for people to attack as they know how vulnerable a person is and they use it for their own advantage. I am not like that. That is what makes me different I like to encourage, not use people but get that person build up on confidence let them shine instead of degrading.
I've always said to people, I don't know if I fit in here, I like to just fit in without being judged. I get hackled because of my name on here. "What makes me nice?" I value a person but people don't get it. Maybe I don't explain myself properly.

Anxiety keeps from enjoying things. Anxiety often is silent. You wouldn't notice a change on the outside but a person is so stressed that can't even manage simple tasks. Anxiety has nothing to do with courage or character. She comes and she goes as she pleases. Breathe. You are strong. Accept yourself just as you are.

Anxiety keeps from enjoying things. Anxiety often is silent. You wouldn't notice a change on the outside but a person is so stressed that can't even manage simple tasks. Anxiety has nothing to do with courage or character. She comes and she goes as she pleases. Breathe. You are strong. Accept yourself just as you are.
You're right anxiety is not about courage but for many it is not just anxiety. For example, It can be low self esteem, simply being told "you're stupid." A person believes it because can be told by so many times by different people.
So just talking of anxiety, I agree a simple task can turn into a very complicated task to a mere impossible one it's hard to control.

My anxiety is people, I'm ok with one to one, I'm not ok with a group. I try go on OFC chat and I can't do it on a big scale as I don't know what to say. Then when I do say something I feel people tend to hurt me or judge me so I go on defense where I leave the chat.

Even in real life I struggle with people, I used to be the '"main man." I didn't like it though, the centre of attention all focus on me and over the years it got worse, going outside to face the public I get panic attacks.people don't know what it's like.

You're right anxiety is not about courage but for many it is not just anxiety. For example, It can be low self esteem, simply being told "you're stupid." A person believes it because can be told by so many times by different people.
So just talking of anxiety, I agree a simple task can turn into a very complicated task to a mere impossible one it's hard to control.

My anxiety is people, I'm ok with one to one, I'm not ok with a group. I try go on OFC chat and I can't do it on a big scale as I don't know what to say. Then when I do say something I feel people tend to hurt me or judge me so I go on defense where I leave the chat.

Even in real life I struggle with people, I used to be the '"main man." I didn't like it though, the centre of attention all focus on me and over the years it got worse, going outside to face the public I get panic attacks.people don't know what it's like.
I really do feel that ofc chat is probably THE worst place to go if you suffer from anxiety. I also suffer from it (and depression) and I still find it really upsetting.
Mind you on the flip side, it is a way to make friends and come out of your shell a bit. I love to chat. My personality thrives on it, my issues however, do not. o_O

I know what it's like. Panic attacks. Sudden feeling of terror. Fear. Sense of losing control. Shortness of breath. I started this thread so that we can share our individual thoughts and feelings. I think the way we live nowadays and modern dating puts a lot of pressure on everybody. You have to be sexy. You have to be smart. Look amazing. Feel successful. Have a career. Earn money. Chill out. Don't lose your cool. Don't say you know what Xanax is.

I know what it's like. Panic attacks. Sudden feeling of terror. Fear. Sense of losing control. Shortness of breath. I started this thread so that we can share our individual thoughts and feelings. I think the way we live nowadays and modern dating puts a lot of pressure on everybody. You have to be sexy. You have to be smart. Look amazing. Feel successful. Have a career. Earn money. Chill out. Don't lose your cool. Don't say you know what Xanax is.
I have PTSD and it hurts when I get asked "do I work?" I feel odd when I get told "I look cute." I don't feel smart, cute or anything amazing. I feel so much pressure about dating that I can't even think about it. I do like talking about anything but it has to be something I feel confident in. Life is not about having a career, nor is it about being successful. Life is survival.

I am happy you made a post about this and it's not easy sharing to others about anxiety amongst other conditions. I have been depressed I not sure if I have it still but I definitely have anxiety. I sleep with the light on I cannot cope with the dark. I hardly manage to sleep. People expect too much of me and I let many down. I then get told I'm too hard on myself.
It's just amazing to get it out there without being judged. It doesn't matter if I get reply or not.

I have PTSD and it hurts when I get asked "do I work?" I feel odd when I get told "I look cute." I don't feel smart, cute or anything amazing. I feel so much pressure about dating that I can't even think about it. I do like talking about anything but it has to be something I feel confident in. Life is not about having a career, nor is it about being successful. Life is survival.

I am happy you made a post about this and it's not easy sharing to others about anxiety amongst other conditions. I have been depressed I not sure if I have it still but I definitely have anxiety. I sleep with the light on I cannot cope with the dark. I hardly manage to sleep. People expect too much of me and I let many down. I then get told I'm too hard on myself.
It's just amazing to get it out there without being judged. It doesn't matter if I get reply or not.
I know exactly what you mean about working. I even have a job but I turn work down because I just can't face it.. If I add work related stress to my already stressful life, my anxiety and depression kick in and tell me I'm a failure. :(
I know I'm my heart that I'm not, but my head tells me every single day that I can't do 'it', whatever 'it' may be at the time.
So I chose to make my life as simple a possible, as healthy as possible and as relaxed as I can. Am i happy? No. But I am content enough to stay where i am for the time being.
Not being judged here is a fantastic and refreshing feeling to behold.
Hopefully we will all help each other out in some way. :):rolleyes:

I like it on here also, as I haven't been judged or criticised for who I am. It's a nice feeling as in the past when I have been criticised or judged it just makes me a whole lot worse. I'm not happy but I also am content with where things are going in my life. Why does it matter so much if a person works or not? If I work does it make me feel I contribute? Suppose it does in a way but supposed if it's voluntary then what? Does it change who we are if we do or do not work? The real answer is no. We still the same, I guess it helps to build a conversation but it also helps to destroy it. I remember I was on a dating site way before I found out about this site, and every time I got asked do I work? It's like what is this obsession? I never once asked if a person works. Simply I don't care, in real term money is not everything in life. I wondered if people got obsessed with it.

I guess that's why I never got far with things. I mean, I was married but that was before I had the illness. When I was struck down with the illness that's when I lost everything. It's hard to build up what you lost. I have always valued a person of who they are, and not what they are. Those who have been mean to me I simply walk away, as I can't deal with their bs. It's hard creating friends when all around there seems to be enemies. I can seem to be abrupt and I don't mean to be. I'm scared of making friends as I question how long will they stay in my life for? Sometimes less than 5 minutes, other times a day, some longer. When they leave, I question is it me? What have I said? Should I have said something different? So it plays on my mind a lot. I'm not sure if that's just me or if anyone else feels the same as I do.

If anyone would like to pm md about anything at all, feel free. I know how it is as I been there. Sometimes I question myself on what to say, especially when all can read. I do not want to expose myself as weak or cold and vulnerable as I know it can be open for people to attack as they know how vulnerable a person is and they use it for their own advantage. I am not like that. That is what makes me different I like to encourage, not use people but get that person build up on confidence let them shine instead of degrading.
I've always said to people, I don't know if I fit in here, I like to just fit in without being judged. I get hackled because of my name on here. "What makes me nice?" I value a person but people don't get it. Maybe I don't explain myself properly.
Some people won't get it, and that's ok. The ones that do are the ones you should talk to. :)

Back