Boston Free Speech Rally

hemihead

OFC Regular
Boston Free Speech Rally today . Thousands of Leftists to attend in opposition to counter protest . It could get ugly . That is all .

that is the problem when you authorize a protest and its counter protest at the same time. That is looking for trouble...but it does look recently that everything is done for those trouble to happen...and not just from Trump side

Only the Free Speech Rally had a permit . The Alt Left Group that showed up is an Illegal Assembly .

It always seems to work that way. One group goes about setting up their protest/rally the legal route and then the counterprotesters show up without going the legal route.

I don't think ANYONE needs a permit for free speech . No matter if someone likes what they say or not . The Constitution says nothing about a permit .
Exactly, im just tired of being stuck between feeling defeated and pissed off. An anti-hate group is illegal assembly? cmon, what is this; Jim Crow?

Exactly, im just tired of being stuck between feeling defeated and pissed off. An anti-hate group is illegal assembly? cmon, what is this; Jim Crow?
That was no anti - hate group . With BLM and ANTIFA that is by no stretch " anti - hate "
They wield their own hate and are just as bad as the far Right . Oh , and Jim Crow laws were instituted by Democrats . And so was the KKK .

You're right, I didn't mean antifa specifically was antihate even though they preach anti hate and anti violence are different (and I know about the democrats history, don't worry). That doesn't mean I agree with or condone any of their methods. BLM gets intense sometimes, but their end goal isn't hate or violence. My point was just how frustrating it is to just watch America accelerate backwards everyday for no reason.
That was no anti - hate group . With BLM and ANTIFA that is by no stretch " anti - hate "
They wield their own hate and are just as bad as the far Right . Oh , and Jim Crow laws were instituted by Democrats . And so was the KKK .

Yeah I grew up in the 70's - 80's and there really wasn't much of this hate /racism thing . I judge a person by their actions . I could care less what color they are or what they believe in . But I really don't care for the purple people lolol .

I'm not sure you should need a permit to protest the KKK and Nazis
it is not about need a permit for free speech, but it is about being realistic on the current climate and knowing it will end bad. Plus when you organize a protest, there are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration: safety of the protesters, safety of the people outside the protests, detour of the blocked roads, etc

it is not about need a permit for free speech, but it is about being realistic on the current climate and knowing it will end bad. Plus when you organize a protest, there are a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration: safety of the protesters, safety of the people outside the protests, detour of the blocked roads, etc
Right! The only reason I felt a need to say anything was because of exactly what you said earlier, authorizing two opposing groups is just asking for trouble. I still think it's crazy and tbh... terrifying that the kkk is still even around at all.

Right! The only reason I felt a need to say anything was because of exactly what you said earlier, authorizing two opposing groups is just asking for trouble. I still think it's crazy and tbh... terrifying that the kkk is still even around at all.
I agree about the KKK but did you know that ANTIFA was organized in 1930's Germany and is a Communist Group . The were brought together to fight the Nazis for control of Germany . I can't figure out why either of them are still around . They should both be labeled as Terrorist Organizations and monitored very closely .

Agreed here but also, we must not lose our rationale...
Names are used that still scares people but that are from another age. How many black people died from KKK in last 50 years (at same time, how many black people died from other black people in last 50 years). I hear people use the name Nazi with no understanding of what it is. NOTHING compares to what Nazi were, certainly not a bunch of ignorant rednecks...People are being ignorant of history and don't know the meaning of words anymore. That's when chaos arrives.
People make alt right sounds like demons and preacher of hate and call all nationalists supremacists, but it is two very different concepts. Nationalism has no colour. You have white, black, asian, native nationalist.
on the other side, people give alt left a pass (or pretend it does not exists), forgetting great butchers from the left (Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Mao, Pol-Pot,....).
In the end, people need to keep their cool and understand that each side is not all right or all wrong. All is grey, with more than 50 shades :)

Agreed here but also, we must not lose our rationale...
Names are used that still scares people but that are from another age. How many black people died from KKK in last 50 years (at same time, how many black people died from other black people in last 50 years). I hear people use the name Nazi with no understanding of what it is. NOTHING compares to what Nazi were, certainly not a bunch of ignorant rednecks...People are being ignorant of history and don't know the meaning of words anymore. That's when chaos arrives.
People make alt right sounds like demons and preacher of hate and call all nationalists supremacists, but it is two very different concepts. Nationalism has no colour. You have white, black, asian, native nationalist.
on the other side, people give alt left a pass (or pretend it does not exists), forgetting great butchers from the left (Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Mao, Pol-Pot,....).
In the end, people need to keep their cool and understand that each side is not all right or all wrong. All is grey, with more than 50 shades :)
Agreed . So much of it is propaganda to divide the masses that are uneducated and too lazy to research history . Stirring up support by using trigger words is a psyops tactic used in 3rd world countries . I don't condone any group . I know history very well and basic Psychology .

Agreed . So much of it is propaganda to divide the masses that are uneducated and too lazy to research history . Stirring up support by using trigger words is a psyops tactic used in 3rd world countries . I don't condone any group . I know history very well and basic Psychology .
"journalists" of today would make Goebbels proud!

Back