Cheating

But is it in human nature to only be with one? If that was the case would we as a society have such a thing as divorce?
No , it is not human nature to be with one . But again , we are not animals and even some animals have one mate for life . Human are an evolved species that are supposed to have morals and live in a Social construct . Without that we would be no better than earthworms crawling all over one another . We would also be killing each other over mating . And the purpose of divorce
is to legally unbind your marriage by law . It has nothing to do with your personal character .
The old saying goes " Once a cheat , always a cheat " and I have found this to be true .
Infidelity , I believe , to be a character flaw and demonstrates a weakness of the soul .

No , it is not human nature to be with one . But again , we are not animals and even some animals have one mate for life . Human are an evolved species that are supposed to have morals and live in a Social construct . Without that we would be no better than earthworms crawling all over one another . We would also be killing each other over mating . And the purpose of divorce
is to legally unbind your marriage by law . It has nothing to do with your personal character .
The old saying goes " Once a cheat , always a cheat " and I have found this to be true .
Infidelity , I believe , to be a character flaw and demonstrates a weakness of the soul .
The very country you life in has a plea of crime of passion. Were if one person kills another through passion. So even modern day society we make allowances for primal instincts. Divorce is done to personal character. In our society we have a get out clause to marriage. I was taught if it's broke fix it. Marriage is an oath you take in front of your family, friends and God. A man or woman is only good as their word. We really need to ask if humans have evolved, as in our constructed society it's the weakest who suffer. Bringing into play the survival of the fittest, a basic primal instinct.

Whay
Infidelity , I believe , to be a character flaw and demonstrates a weakness of the soul .[/QUOTE
What's your opinion on polygamy Hemi?

The very country you life in has a plea of crime of passion. Were if one person kills another through passion. So even modern day society we make allowances for primal instincts. Divorce is done to personal character. In our society we have a get out clause to marriage. I was taught if it's broke fix it. Marriage is an oath you take in front of your family, friends and God. A man or woman is only good as their word. We really need to ask if humans have evolved, as in our constructed society it's the weakest who suffer. Bringing into play the survival of the fittest, a basic primal instinct.
The Crime of Passion is not an allowance by law . You are still punished for it. The Law was passed to cover any crimes as such because without that law , there would be a loophole . That loophole could then be used as means for a murderer to escape punishment . It is not a acknowledgement of a primal instinct . Divorce is a way for the State to legal dissolve the Marriage Contract which was signed at the time of the issuance of the Marriage License .
To the State , Marriage is nothing more than a business partnership . It is with the Spouse , Church , and God that you take your oaths and pledges to . Very few today take an oath seriously . Society today is rotting into a sort of Social Anarchy where your word , a promise , oath or vow is spoken but passed off as just something one says because it's traditional . People have become more selfish and self absorbed . Instant gratification and non compromising are the driving forces of today's Societal Bridgework . But I digress .

Don't think that's a modern day phenomenon, through history wars have started through people's ego

Hahaha, I love what Debbie said. Kinda sums it all up: it's generally not human (animal) nature to be perpetually monogamous, but once we've chosen a partner... Well, we can be fickle, but selfish creatures. Not judging, btw.

We're driven by emotion, but because of our big brains (relative to the person, lol), we're also capable of high level reason. We invented laws and rules because we decided to go beyond what nature dictates, and molded our own expected behavior after those laws and rules. I've spent some time wondering lately if we were better off chasing after mammoths in loincloths, lol. Seems a bit simpler, or clearer. Alas, we wouldn't have the internet ;-)

Edit: removed some grammar mistakes. First vacation day. Need more coffee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali
Back