No trust

OP:
sunglass-selfie.jpg

I don't really know for sure what this conversation is about, but it seems that you are/were feeling down. Listen, I haven't had the best life myself. In fact, looking back, it was a big sack of shit. But you know what? I never, ever, once gave in. I came very close many times, but I hung on to whatever I had left, and Im glad I did. I love my job, and thanks to this site, I have many close friends. Don't feel down; Your fate is truly yours. You can change it however you want.

Dude, a disclaimer that you're not saying that you'll become violent, in this context, is necessary but not sufficient. I mean, you've already made the transition from not caring if women are raped (which I thought would be the most morally reprehensible thing that I'd read here) and then you one-upped yourself.

If you are seriously having suicidal or violent thoughts, you need to seek psychiatric help. If this continues or escalates any further, the only responsible thing for the rest of us to do is at least make some attempt to notify the authorities.

Look, to echo some other comments here, I was fired from my job last year and my girlfriend of four years cheated on me with a guy who has thicker hair on his forearms than he does on his head before leaving me for him. I was drinking myself stupid. I still find it hard to really trust anyone. But, I never...ever...once thought that I might cause physical harm to anyone.

The reason being is that people can be shitty. But, they can also be really good. And, news flash, both men and women are people. Three out of my five best friends in the world are women. It would be grossly immoral to retaliate against my ex with physical aggression. The only thing that could be worse would to take out my pain and anger on a third party who never hurt me.

Your inability to deal with your anger is not an excuse to harm another person. It's not an excuse to wax thoughtful of hurting another person. It's not an excuse to express apathy that people may be hurt.

It's called empathy, man. We've all been hurt and we've all been the ones doing the hurting.

As always Cinegasm55, beautifully written, articulate, open and honest. Thank you for sharing your experience I know it's not easy xxx

Back