Share about your Country

Alright, here's my attempt...

Northern Ontario is a place I didn't appreciate while I had it, and now that I've lost it the separation arouses a romanticism that can't possibly paint it true. I hope the future holds a return to the green and white North........
Tom_Thomson_-_Pine_Island%2C_Georgian_Bay.jpg
[/CENTER][/spoiler]

Telemachus, If only I could hug and kiss you :D ! You nearly fulfilled half the purpose of this thread, Seriously. I just can't find such a beautiful description of the natural terrains and mountains of Canada anywhere else...The Inukshuk, Ranges scarred by dynamite, its freshwater lakes, the subtle urban areas and the acceptance and gentleness of its people - It taught me a lot more about the country I highly revere and adore. You gave me breath and sight of the places I could never visit....You taught me the real beauty of Canada lies in its vast naturalness and simplicity.

To be really honest, I've been to Canada :p :D and I've fallen in love with the country. The quality of life there, makes me drool and dream about it most often. Which reminds and compels me recount my experiences there.

In Canada, everything is white and clear and gives you a dint of royalty and elegance. The geometrically taut and seamless architecture, spacious and immaculate roads, the vividness and density of colors - Bright and plain shades of red, yellow, blue, Green and orange....The ease of access and excellent customer service at every urban nook...I know Canada is very cold most of the time, but I went there when its most pleasant there, in the Months of June and July...Although you won't sweat much there, The sun literally burns you even at 20 or 25 degrees....That's the maximum in Canada and the minimum in India during summers :p Everything is so sickening clean and spotless, even a crushed bottle at the roadside looks so beautifully placed and rather complements the ambience :p....

Well, Telemachus mentioned that since the country is so systematic, all cities seem so similar...So I hope being in Brampton gave me the urban experience quite well. Pizzerias at every block, Well-established community centers, endless bounds of parks, all filled with dense green grasses...The ever-lasting cheerfulness of people...I had great fun saying 'Hi' to almost half the strangers I came across, could even strike a conversation and exchange compliments at a few instances, whatever my self-esteem and confidence could allow, I tried to live and relive the place as much as possible there. I spent my evenings at the Mount Pleasant library, practicing coding and reading some random stuff. The library closes at 9, when you think its just 5 in the evening. The sun is still about to set. I still didn't wish to go back home (I forgot to tell you, I was staying at my sister's house), so I would just sit at a bench and keep looking at the big watch at Mount Pleasant Go station, letting my body shiver at the frontiers of cold breeze.

I hated sleeping there, for nights were even more beautiful. So I'd just try communicating with people online to keep myself awake. My usual time for waking up was 12 pm in the noon :p. Then I'd just play with my nephew.

I had to fortune to visit so many places there - The thousand islands at Gananoque, Seldom trips to Mississauga to delve into the taste of a Dairy Queen Ice-cream. French Vanilla at Tim Hortons is my favorite, for I kinda have a sweet tooth. My nephew's crazy for Mc Donalds, and our car would sometimes drive through it :p Bagel and Cheese, Canada Dry....Oh yeah, The Barbeque culture is so amazing......Pillow Sized Lays and Doritos Packets and Crates of Beer makes your day.
Just sit at your patio for the weekends and feel like heaven. I still feel proud of having earned three hundred tickets at a single visit of Chuck-e-Cheese's. I kinda had my skills suited for Subway Surfer :p And you may easily guess the one place I'd have definitely visited..
Niagara Falls, of course :p
Downtown Toronto is just spectacular and can give you the Las Vegas feel. The CN Tower gave me cramps in my neck as I saw its apex. Ripley's Aquarium inculcated an innate affinity for underwater life in me. Jack Daniels is an ideal place for picnics.

Since Labor is expensive at Canada, things are mostly DIY...So my brother-in-law took great services and assistance from me during my sojourn..We'd go to Costco for shopping bulk of stuff, fix and assemble any equipment, fill black soil and harrow it in the lawn, clean his car that'd leave me as exhausted and unable as a dead person. Then, the real pleasure of Barbeque'd Chicken would be realized in the evenings. That's the spirit of Canada - Work hard during weekdays like its your first day, and then enjoy hard in the weekends like its your last day.

And yes...Freshwater lakes...How could you ignore lakes in a Country which has 2 millions of them (around 563 of them greater than 100 square miles in area)...Ice Hockey rinks, Maple Syrup, and people from varied ethnicities who make you realize a mini-version of the whole world would never let you forget such a place like this. Telemachus, your Country is a place where everyone would dream of living. There are many things worth learning from you people, for us people.

Aahh....The train of thoughts while I recounted the experience...Your description provided a much needed deeper understanding of the place...I thank and salute you for that :)

This thread now makes me more eager for your contributions.....Please teach all the people and I about your culture and your nation. Your contribution shall be highly revered :)

PS : Childish Things I was forced into doing IMG-20170616-WA0058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Telemachus, If only I could hug and kiss you :D ! You nearly fulfilled half the purpose of this thread, Seriously. I just can't find such a beautiful description of the natural terrains and mountains of Canada anywhere else...The Inukshuk, Ranges scarred by dynamite, its freshwater lakes, the subtle urban areas and the acceptance and gentleness of its people - It taught me a lot more about the country I highly revere and adore. You gave me breath and sight of the places I could never visit....You taught me the real beauty of Canada lies in its vast naturalness and simplicity.

To be really honest, I've been to Canada :p :D and I've fallen in love with the country. The quality of life there, makes me drool and dream about it most often. Which reminds and compels me recount my experiences there.

In Canada, everything is white and clear and gives you a dint of royalty and elegance. The geometrically taut and seamless architecture, spacious and immaculate roads, the vividness and density of colors - Bright and plain shades of red, yellow, blue, Green and orange....The ease of access and excellent customer service at every urban nook...I know Canada is very cold most of the time, but I went there when its most pleasant there, in the Months of June and July...Although you won't sweat much there, The sun literally burns you even at 20 or 25 degrees....That's the maximum in Canada and the minimum in India during summers :p Everything is so sickening clean and spotless, even a crushed bottle at the roadside looks so beautifully placed and rather complements the ambience :p....

Well, Telemachus mentioned that since the country is so systematic, all cities seem so similar...So I hope being in Brampton gave me the urban experience quite well. Pizzerias at every block, Well-established community centers, endless bounds of parks, all filled with dense green grasses...The ever-lasting cheerfulness of people...I had great fun saying 'Hi' to almost half the strangers I came across, could even strike a conversation and exchange compliments at a few instances, whatever my self-esteem and confidence could allow, I tried to live and relive the place as much as possible there. I spent my evenings at the Mount Pleasant library, practicing coding and reading some random stuff. The library closes at 9, when you think its just 5 in the evening. The sun is still about to set. I still didn't wish to go back home (I forgot to tell you, I was staying at my sister's house), so I would just sit at a bench and keep looking at the big watch at Mount Pleasant Go station, letting my body shiver at the frontiers of cold breeze.

I hated sleeping there, for nights were even more beautiful. So I'd just try communicating with people online to keep myself awake. My usual time for waking up was 12 pm in the noon :p. Then I'd just play with my nephew.

I had to fortune to visit so many places there - The thousand islands at Gananoque, Seldom trips to Mississauga to delve into the taste of a Dairy Queen Ice-cream. French Vanilla at Tim Hortons is my favorite, for I kinda have a sweet tooth. My nephew's crazy for Mc Donalds, and our car would sometimes drive through it :p Bagel and Cheese, Canada Dry....Oh yeah, The Barbeque culture is so amazing......Pillow Sized Lays and Doritos Packets and Crates of Beer makes your day.
Just sit at your patio for the weekends and feel like heaven. I still feel proud of having earned three hundred tickets at a single visit of Chuck-e-Cheese's. I kinda had my skills suited for Subway Surfer :p And you may easily guess the one place I'd have definitely visited..
Niagara Falls, of course :p
Downtown Toronto is just spectacular and can give you the Las Vegas feel. The CN Tower gave me cramps in my neck as I saw its apex. Ripley's Aquarium inculcated an innate affinity for underwater life in me. Jack Daniels is an ideal place for picnics.

Since Labor is expensive at Canada, things are mostly DIY...So my brother-in-law took great services and assistance from me during my sojourn..We'd go to Costco for shopping bulk of stuff, fix and assemble any equipment, fill black soil and harrow it in the lawn, clean his car that'd leave me as exhausted and unable as a dead person. Then, the real pleasure of Barbeque'd Chicken would be realized in the evenings. That's the spirit of Canada - Work hard during weekdays like its your first day, and then enjoy hard in the weekends like its your last day.

And yes...Freshwater lakes...How could you ignore lakes in a Country which has 2 millions of them (around 563 of them greater than 100 square miles in area)...Ice Hockey rinks, Maple Syrup, and people from varied ethnicities who make you realize a mini-version of the whole world would never let you forget such a place like this. Telemachus, your Country is a place where everyone would dream of living. There are many things worth learning from you people, for us people.

Aahh....The train of thoughts while I recounted the experience...Your description provided a much needed deeper understanding of the place...I thank and salute you for that :)

This thread now makes me more eager for your contributions.....Please teach all the people and I about your culture and your nation. Your contribution shall be highly revered :)

PS : Childish Things I was forced into doing View attachment 6427
Childish yet somehow sexy :p Also wow. I have been to Canadada (i know it's spelled wrong) and you make me want to visit it through your eyes. It sounds majestic and pure :)

Ok you gave me the push. Here is my attempt. I know it is not all encompassing and I will probably edit it as some point but my 1st attempt:

America is a country filled with dreams. It can be beautiful with it's crisp mountain air or deathly dry in its deserts. As an Indian-American I face the balance of the mish mash of what it is 'Merica, the fulfillment of the American Dream built on the blood, sweat, and tears of slaves and the need to be connected to my Indian roots. I am constantly amazed at what I see: the shift of atmosphere going from friendly to animosity to indifference in a heartbeat. The people toil, almost hunchback with some of the grudges and responsibilities they bear. I walk past the various fast food restaurants, the air filled with the smell of fried foods, getting honked at as a driver almost runs me over attempting to drive through the small amount of time between the end of a yellow light into a red, always in a hurry.

As being part of a campus, I sometimes wake up to strange arguments and random yelling outside my window as people walk down the center of campus. Other times the birds love to chirp at 2am and never shut up. I sneeze as my allergies flare, fighting against having them ruin what beautiful flowers grow on the trees at springtime.

The squirrels are bold, stealing food left and right, never afraid of the multitude of people walking by. Bunnies hops and run into the skirts of trees and plants, also seeming to enjoy the atmosphere.

At times there is the blasting of music, some being popular songs that cause people to gather and dance with some abandonment, or if not dance then at least sing (even if they are off-key).

Students run, walk, skate, bike, etc. to get from one class to another, their moods and pace dependent on the weather. There seems to be an underlying tension that constantly exist, ignored by some, because of the clash of ideologies that exist openly as well as silently.

It is a roller coaster-each part of the country bearing its own stereotypes and mini-cultures as we are 'Merica: the land of the free, dreamers, hungry, poor and sick...as well as the wealthiest nation and the largest western power. All of which seems to reassure us and give birth to the pride we have in our melting pot of a country.

Childish yet somehow sexy :p Also wow. I have been to Canadada (i know it's spelled wrong) and you make me want to visit it through your eyes. It sounds majestic and pure :)

Perpetual smiles on my face when I get notified about your response, Fan :* ...... Well, no doubt, Canada, or as Punjabis say it, "Kanedda", is one of the best places out there :D

Perpetual smiles on my face when I get notified about your response, Fan :* ...... Well, no doubt, Canada, or as Punjabis say it, "Kanedda", is one of the best places out there :D
Back at ya Akkie ;) LOL I think that's how all Indians pronounce it XD I think that we should plan to visit "Kanedda" together! Invite the gang, do a road trip. What say?

Back at ya Akkie ;) LOL I think that's how all Indians pronounce it XD I think that we should plan to visit "Kanedda" together! Invite the gang, do a road trip. What say?

Done *starts saving money from just right now*.....With you, It'd be awesome :D :D

I live in God's country. Shame we have such shitty neighbours.

Well, that's the briefest description of a country on this thread :p. But it might seem much relatable to many, I for instance.
The first half is applicable, the second half would make me a bit political :p . But thanks. Your contribution still means a lot.

Back