I cannot tell a lie........

I cannot tell a lie, while in St Maarten we were on a tour and going to a nude beach just to say we did. While there between the nude beach and the family beach was a karaoke bar and the Dutch DJ was butchering FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES. I preceded to ask him if I could do it and he passed it to me and I finished the song......oh and i wasnt naked either.

I cannot tell a lie, I'm ready to take the next leap in opening my own studio but I'm lousy with marketing myself. I'm wondering if anyone here has some pointers.

I cannot lie I’m not a marketing person, but I have helped friends with start ups before. Congratulations on taking that step to your own studio.

You need a business plan! If you haven’t got one, google examples! Decide who your target clients are, where are they, what can they pay, how can you reach them etc.

A business plan will lead you through all these areas, and then the marketing and financial planning can feed off this.

Once you have all the answers sorted, get a professional webpage probably with e-commence capability to sell your pics as well? A Facebook page and any other social media platforms that make sense, get business cards and flyers, and go where your target market is, for example if it’s family photography go to local schools, clubs etc and ask if you can contribute to newsletters, add flyers to notice boards, offer incentives etc.

Contact sporting clubs, walking clubs, tour guides, car clubs, pet clubs, ooooo bdsm clubs etc

Research what other photographers are doing in your area, what are they charging, what Marketing are they doing etc? How can you differentiate yourself? What special skills or interests do you have, eg you have a service background can that open doors for you?

Team up with other local businesses like framers, photo printers, etc.

No idea if this is helpful at all????

I cannot lie I’m not a marketing person, but I have helped friends with start ups before. Congratulations on taking that step to your own studio.

You need a business plan! If you haven’t got one, google examples! Decide who your target clients are, where are they, what can they pay, how can you reach them etc.

A business plan will lead you through all these areas, and then the marketing and financial planning can feed off this.

Once you have all the answers sorted, get a professional webpage probably with e-commence capability to sell your pics as well? A Facebook page and any other social media platforms that make sense, get business cards and flyers, and go where your target market is, for example if it’s family photography go to local schools, clubs etc and ask if you can contribute to newsletters, add flyers to notice boards, offer incentives etc.

Contact sporting clubs, walking clubs, tour guides, car clubs, pet clubs, ooooo bdsm clubs etc

Research what other photographers are doing in your area, what are they charging, what Marketing are they doing etc? How can you differentiate yourself? What special skills or interests do you have, eg you have a service background can that open doors for you?

Team up with other local businesses like framers, photo printers, etc.

No idea if this is helpful at all????
Sounds like you gave wonderful advice. Follow this PG. We will all be your cheerleaders.

Thank you @Sun66 & @DDD. You ladies are wonderful cheerleaders.

I did a biz plan years ago while in school and need to update it. As for the other stuff, I have the business cards, company t-shirts, website (but not with e-commerce) and I do have a Facebook, an Instagram and Twitter page.

My biggest obstacle is selling my own abilities. So I'm having trouble being discipled enough to keep up with postings. I will keep you all updated with progress.

Thank you @Sun66 & @DDD. You ladies are wonderful cheerleaders.

I did a biz plan years ago while in school and need to update it. As for the other stuff, I have the business cards, company t-shirts, website (but not with e-commerce) and I do have a Facebook, an Instagram and Twitter page.

My biggest obstacle is selling my own abilities. So I'm having trouble being discipled enough to keep up with postings. I will keep you all updated with progress.

I cannot tell a lie, sounds like we can be your Board of Directors too and hold you to timelines!

Sounds like you have it all covered, your photos will speak for themselves, just showcase them :D

I cannot tell a lie, I'm tired of drama. My husband is a complicated man and at this point of my life, I'd like to have a simple man.
Although, I'm realizing that even the ones that seem simple, are complicated. Ugh!

I cannot tell a lie, I think we are all complicated creatures and we all have many layers. I don’t think anyone is simple unfortunately.

What I found from my experience, when you let go of your past, fears, and find happiness in your self, the right person will come along when you least expect it. You will connect with them mind, body, heart and soul. They will feel like home, and nothing is a drama. Hope this helps gorgeous Renee ❤️

Back