Sexting Etiquette ;)

I was chatting to someone who said "I don't know how to sext properly."
So it got me thinking...does anybody know? Is there such a thing as a "proper" way to sext? What are the dos and don'ts in your opinion?
I personally try and find out as much info about their fetishes first as possible then you can expand on that. No point going in blind and trying to sext unless you know what turns the other person on.....in my opinion

I don't know if there is such thing as rules or etiquette . And sometimes you have to give your partner time to type a response as not all people type quickly . And it's always polite not to be a spelling Nazi in these sort of encounters because that tends to ruin the mood . I feel it is better to play by video and that eliminates a lot of difficulties .

I personally try and find out as much info about their fetishes first as possible then you can expand on that. No point going in blind and trying to sext unless you know what turns the other person on.....in my opinion
Totally agree dave!

At the risk of repeating what Hubby and Dave said:

It's mostly about a feeling, isn't it? Just like IRL flirting, you have to get a feel for your (sexual) partner. I always try to go for passion. A good, intense sexting session is defined by how well both participants can identify the peaks and valleys. If you're talking about work, don't suddenly post a pic of your dick, or ask her how horny she is. Get each other into a state of crescendo, and fulfill each other's specific desires as best you can. It also helps if you like each other's personalities. I try to never get involved with someone I don't at least like on a somewhat deeper level.

Lastly, in my opinion: playfulness. "I'm horny and I need to cum" is the biggest turnoff for the women I've known. Not only is it selfish, it's also fucking boring. Be playful, be mindful of the other's desires, tease and work your way up slowly. Then, by the time you get down and dirty, it feels not only earned but extremely exciting. You can share some really powerful, primal emotions this way, and you'll remember them afterwards.

At the risk of repeating what Hubby and Dave said:

It's mostly about a feeling, isn't it? Just like IRL flirting, you have to get a feel for your (sexual) partner. I always try to go for passion. A good, intense sexting session is defined by how well both participants can identify the peaks and valleys. If you're talking about work, don't suddenly post a pic of your dick, or ask her how horny she is. Get each other into a state of crescendo, and fulfill each other's specific desires as best you can. It also helps if you like each other's personalities. I try to never get involved with someone I don't at least like on a somewhat deeper level.

Lastly, in my opinion: playfulness. "I'm horny and I need to cum" is the biggest turnoff for the women I've known. Not only is it selfish, it's also fucking boring. Be playful, be mindful of the other's desires, tease and work your way up slowly. Then, by the time you get down and dirty, it feels not only earned but extremely exciting. You can share some really powerful, primal emotions this way, and you'll remember them afterwards.

Oh there are a lot of boring guys out there. Or selfish or brainless. I dont mean to guy bash but you are 100% spot on so many guys ruin there chances with me with there very first line. "Im horny and i need to cum" " im horny can you help me" or "hey babe wanna fuck" are classic opening lines which usually leave me rolling my eyes in dispair.

Oh there are a lot of boring guys out there. Or selfish or brainless. I dont mean to guy bash but you are 100% spot on so many guys ruin there chances with me with there very first line. "Im horny and i need to cum" " im horny can you help me" or "hey babe wanna fuck" are classic opening lines which usually leave me rolling my eyes in dispair.
most guys are clueless and only care about themselves . Mostly prevalent with younger men . Class and awareness comes with maturity . And before the hate posts from guys start , this is a general observation not intended to point at any certain guys . There are always exceptions .

I was chatting to someone who said "I don't know how to sext properly."
So it got me thinking...does anybody know? Is there such a thing as a "proper" way to sext? What are the dos and don'ts in your opinion?
I know how to sext

It's not guy bashing if it's true. There's a lot of dicks on sites like these, and I don't envy you girls one bit when you're being hit on. It gets tiresome and annoying, to the point where you're numb to the initial creepiness of it all.

I was being hit on by a guy recently, offering to give me a cyber blowjob or whatever. Even after I politely told him I was straight, but I appreciated the compliment, he kept trying to persuade me with his "skills". Dude, I don't care if you can suck like a hoover, I don't think about guys that way. No means no. After a while, you decide that politeness isn't the way to go, and just ignore them or tell them to fuck off.

It's not just bad for women in general, although they get the worst of it. It makes guys who are actually interested in getting to know them uneasy. Even when we're confident in ourselves and our intentions, we have to be mindful of the amount of times they've been hit on by random assholes just that very night. It's enough to make anyone a little gun shy.

I have found that I have a preference of the way it is typed...didnt realize it until now though. I like to use the "*" to indicate actions or thoughts and just type out words or sounds.
ex. *sighs*, *[insert action here]*

I hated when the person responded and combined what they wanted to say and the action in one jumbled up mess.

There's really nothing I can say that is going to differ from Aaron11, dave, and hubby learn/find out what your partner may or may not like and give good detail to what you are doing and how. Unfortunately all these Glenn Quagmire's/ Johnny Bravo's have made it hard for those who still have blood flow to our brains

I think I can break it down. Some would be more simple than others; but ultimately I would have to say it all varies on how you and you partner stimulate each others experience.

Do
  1. Take Turns
  2. Wait your turn
  3. Be descriptive
  4. Express your feelings
  5. Be realistic
  6. Get to know each other and learn
  7. Flirt and Foreplay First
  8. Tease each other
  9. Work you way up to the more kinky, rough and Taboo experience
  10. Make suggestions - Not during the moment; but later when you're not sexting try talking about ways to improve each others experience.

Don't
  1. Be impatient
  2. Insulting - Unless its part of the role play
  3. Spell correcting - If you know what they mean but see they misspelled don't interrupt the moment to correct them
  4. Be simple - Don't just respond with "mmm yes" or "oh baby" after they have given you a paragraph.
  5. Jump in the deep end - Some people think they just want to do rape, gang bang, incest, and or bondage from the get go when they can't even handle making out in the back of a car.
  6. Vanish - If you have to stop for some reason, say your sorry, don't just stop and disappear.

I'm sure there is more that can be added to this; but this is as basic of a breakdown as I can get

I think I can break it down. Some would be more simple than others; but ultimately I would have to say it all varies on how you and you partner stimulate each others experience.

Do
  1. Take Turns
  2. Wait your turn
  3. Be descriptive
  4. Express your feelings
  5. Be realistic
  8. Tease each other
  10. Make suggestions - Not during the moment; but later when you're not sexting try talking about ways to improve each others experience.

Don't
  1. Be impatient
  3. Spell correcting - If you know what they mean but see they misspelled don't interrupt the moment to correct them
  4. Be simple - Don't just respond with "mmm yes" or "oh baby" after they have given you a paragraph.
  5. Jump in the deep end - Some people think they just want to do rape, gang bang, incest, and or bondage from the get go when they can't even handle making out in the back of a car.
  6. Vanish - If you have to stop for some reason, say your sorry, don't just stop and disappear.

I'm sure there is more that can be added to this; but this is as basic of a breakdown as I can get

I couldn't agree more.

Do
  1. Take Turns
  2. Wait your turn
  3. Be descriptive
  4. Express your feelings
  5. Be realistic
  8. Tease each other

Don't
  1. Be impatient

I think this is the best response so far and should be made into a "sexting 101" handbook

Back