Scatterings of Africa

Answers. You want them. You need them. You search for them. But there are no answers to be found. Nothing to solve the questions that riddle in your mind. It cant be that no one has the answers. or that there are no answers at all. Surely that’s impossible. Maybe more improbable than impossible. Did you ever stop to consider maybe its not the answer you are looking for. Maybe it’s the question. Perhaps you have been asking the wrong question. Perhaps you should start seeking the questions that will help you attain the answers youre looking for. For without the correct question you cannot know the answer. but here in lies the ultimate riddle. What if the answer you get from the question you ask is in fact another question…

Take my hand. Let your fingers slide in between mine. The feeling of security. The feeling that I will never leave your side. Emotions running wild. Tiny sparks flying between our palms. Lifting your hand, pulling you closer. Leaning down to lightly touch my lips to your hand. My eyes never leaving sight of yours. Watching that little twinkle. Smiling as i see you slowly bite your bottom lip. Pulling you closer to me. Running my fingers across your cheek and tucking your hair behind your ear. Letting them slide down along your jaw to your chin, lifting it slightly. Watching you lips tremble. Leaning forward resting my forehead against yours, our eyes searching inside each others. My lips start moving, mouthing the three words you have longed to hear. I. Love. You.

I remember you. I remember the things you did for me. The sacrifices you made. Nothing can compare to the love I have for you. Its unconditional. Without doubt. I sit and look up, smiling somewhat in the thought that you are looking down. I only hope that you are proud of what you see. Of the man that I have become. The person I have become. It was your love. It was you. You set the mould for me to grow. For me to evolve from boy to man. Though you left me at an early stage. The guidelines were still set. I am not without fault. I am not perfect. But I am the man I am today because of you. My heart, cares for others more than it does for me. This is your doing. Others happiness before my own. Your doing. My eternal love for you is what I hold close. The thought of being with you once more is something I cling to everyday. Mom, Dad… I love you.

That was sweet and touching. I know when they look down on you they beam with pride.

Back