Scatterings of Africa

My darkest hours are lightened by your smile. My saddest days are lifted by your voice. Your eyes sparkle with the beauty that radiates from within you. My words, true as they may be, can't begin to describe the feeling inside of me. I want. I long. I yearn to spend more time with you. To learn more about you. To know more about you. You did not break my walls, but instead made me feel so comfortable and safe that I willingly lowered them so you can walk in. So you could be closer. So I could share my deepest thoughts, my scarest moments, my happiest memories with you. You have made me feel loved. Cared for. Made me feel special. Made me feel hope for my heart once again.

My darkest hours are lightened by your smile. My saddest days are lifted by your voice. Your eyes sparkle with the beauty that radiates from within you. My words, true as they may be, can't begin to describe the feeling inside of me. I want. I long. I yearn to spend more time with you. To learn more about you. To know more about you. You did not break my walls, but instead made me feel so comfortable and safe that I willingly lowered them so you can walk in. So you could be closer. So I could share my deepest thoughts, my scarest moments, my happiest memories with you. You have made me feel loved. Cared for. Made me feel special. Made me feel hope for my heart once again.
Yay! Glad to see this thread active :)

Reactions: Nby
It is so awesome to have you back writing again!

Reactions: Nby
Each day I wake, I smile. I smile for you. I smile because of you. You have given me a reason to smile. A reason to enjoy every moment. A reason to open myself. A reason to welcome you in.
You have seen me for me. Inside and out. I am not perfect. We are not perfect. But we are who we are.
You have given me something to look forward to. Something to dream of. Some think to keep my mind occupied. Life's struggles, hardships and unfairness are cast aside when I think of you. For those moments I am lost in a world of safety, comfort and care.
Every moment I spend with you. Laughing. Talking. Crying. Venting. All are cherished and mean everything to me. You have become a part of my life. A significant part. A happy part. A safe part.
Im buckled in as I know this is a long journey together...

Back