The Vent Thread

• Thread starter InvincibleLight
  • Start date
Hey, itll get better. That's how life works, is what I'd say if it were true. Life is chaos, and therefore impossible to predict. Therefore, just go along with the insanity, and you'll find it much, much easier. Don't struggle against life, go along with it until you see the chance to stab it in the back and run away.

Self confidence is a tricky issue. I for one, often doubt myself. I do happen to think twice about what I post, but I am a quick thinker. I do post alot, but that is mostly for two reasons:
A) I love this place and have alot of time on my hands

B) I have the goal of reaching the top of the notable members list, driven by my desire to be the best at everything I do.

Where we differ is how we deal with it- you hold your tongue forever, and I analyze the situation and 9 times out of ten I decide to just go for it. I've found it works much better. And trust me, when it comes to me, there is nothing to be jealous of. And besides, all most girls need on this site to become popular is nudes. (No offense intended to anyone, its just a statistical fact), as that is what most people come to this site for. Beyond that, you at least had my approval a long time ago. Trust me, usually IRL most of us are social outcasts, usually due to either unwillingness to socialize, lack of physical assets, or defective personalities. All three of the above apply to me, I'm truly not a very sociable person IRL unless it suits me, because I am terrifying to many. This is one place we can let loose, and be ourselves. Its all about letting loose a bit, instead of saying nothing, try saying what's on your mind, if you deem it important. Don't envy us, we honestly don't deserve to be envied.
Thanks light!

Well, ViXxXeN, Its not that I envy people in the negative way. I didn't intend to use Envy as it is usually interpreted. It results from the fact that I admire and look up to such people. Everyone needs appreciation and popularity -a dream that never lets anyone sleep -" IRL" , as Natsune says. I too, for instance, want to feel important, and I know and respect the fact that it will come gradually and with effort. I am a student of life, and I'll just never stop working on myself.
Maybe I couldn't express my admiration and my desire to be like them, as well as I should have.

But never mind. Just remember that you people have all my admiration and love. :)
I think you are an important part to this forum

I find it funny that people feel the notable members list is important. It isn't a popularity contest. This isn't high school. It means nothing. You don't get a trophy or an award. The only reason I am at the top of it is because when the site first started a few of us wanted to get the forum moving and wanted to welcome people to the site. I don't post as much as I use to in the beginning because the forum is being used now.
Just be yourself, AkshayGoodOne. We are all here mostly to have fun. So, say what you want to say, join in on the fun. You are always very sweet and respectful, so you are good in my book!
I agree Vix, I had stopped posting here for many months. I did a lot initially, as did you. I think I got back into it because someone mentioned it to me. I had never even started a thread here till recently. I think quality over quantity is important. I do have a mission of my own, but it’s more about the success of the site (chat and forum) on a whole. It’s sometimes hard to chat while I’m moderating, but I’ve been trying more. I feel like I’ve lost my essence while moderating, but I enjoy the task. Am learning how to do both now. Not sure I will succeed, but the effort is being made.

Millymouse, I swear to fuck you need to be stabbed in the eye... Wait you probably don't have one because you are a bot!

I might need sleep. I'm a bit grumpy.
Even if you are a bit grumpy, you just said exactly what I was thinking.. It is a vent thread, though.

Well, I need to let something out too...

Belonging to a humble background, I have always faced problems regarding my self-esteem. I think too much, am dreamy and take little things from a person that matters (sometimes who doesn't matter) to heart. My biggest fear is to be deemed redundant and disgusting.
I envy people who are confident- people who are never left alone by people......especially girls who are beautiful and humble at the same time. I even envy well-known members on this site. They seem to suck the confidence out of me, for their opinions begin to matter a lot. So I become too cautious around them, and I finally appear shy and uninteresting. Even when I believe I have greater and more thoughtful content, the people around me who focus on saying as much as they can, however gibberish get more attention at some instances. Yes, I think twice before speaking or writing, and I just can't change that about myself so quickly (I also think I don't need to).
I feel small before people who reek in self-confidence. Their words seem so important and people just flock to talk to them. This in turn, strengthens their very self-confidence that caused the popularity.
Now, I have learnt that you actually don't need anything external to be self-confident. My lack of exposure, me being a virgin (curiosity about sex and the resulting desperation), expectations from parents, responsibilities they put on me, my dreaminess, the resulting aloofness and forgetfulness, my inability at performing some tasks that people should know to live as a self-reliant and other people's apparent popularity and efficiency seem a deterrent to my self-confidence. These all contribute to my apparent lack of desirability, which further breaks it. A low ego doesn't help or mend all these impacts.
I sometimes think I have wasted all these years of my life. The reason people expect a lot of me is my academic brilliance, school-boy sincerity and obedience. So my drive for self-perfection and approval puts a lot of pressure on me. That is a potential scissor to self-esteem.
This low self-esteem makes me do what I regret later (I never did anything serious, just little things like saying what I think had made a low impression on people). Now, I'm educating myself and learning to protect this treasure of mine.
When all the world seems to conspire to degrade your self-confidence, you know that you have to protect it to remain happy in life.
I can kinda relate to what you're saying. I tend to appear self-confident when I am totally not. For me however, I kinda just blurt things out because instead of thinking things through as you would, I tend to misconstrue social contexts and social cues. I've definitely gotten better at it but I just kinda push myself to say whatever and try to roll with it. But to echo others, you are a fabulous guy with some great thoughts so I love to hear whatever you contribute to a conversation XD

Im gonna vent bout ish. So this person is the president of the org that I am VP of and will be pres of next semester/year.
Im so pissed and frustrated with the current pres because I found out they lied to the exec board about why another org that we wanted to collab with wouldnt return our emails or any form of communication (they said internal issues, real reason was they pissed off the org with a speech they said earlier in the year). On top of that the current pres keeps making very bad decisions in their own personal life that is negatively influencing the image of our org because she has single handedly destroyed relationships with our advisor, the campus ministry (one of our huge supporters) and the Student Involvement Center (the people that allow us to get the money that has been funded to us and are the ones that approve of our events).
I am trying to repair these relations because they are all important groups that we need to be continued to be in communication with and are very influential on campus but i feel as every time I turn a corner there is something else she has screwed up. She is a senior and will be graduating in a month but she doesn't realize how much of an impact she is making. To top it all off, our access to our funding for the rest of the year is cut off because she didn't bother to ask where to turn in the p card (basically a credit card that we use to purchase stuff) and as a result it did not get turned in to the Student Involvement center on time. She turned it in to the wrong people and now we cant purchase anything for the rest of the semester unless we go through the reimbursement process (which takes a couple weeks). It is the worst timing for it all because we needed to pay off about a $1000 of food that we catered from different places for an event that we had this past week. Plus we still have another event that we have to cater for.
Im just very frustrated and exhausted from all of my other work and now I have all of this shit to deal with.
It doesnt help that my parents are on top of me about getting an internship for the summer and trying to figure out grad school plus normal class work. :/

I can kinda relate to what you're saying. I tend to appear self-confident when I am totally not. For me however, I kinda just blurt things out because instead of thinking things through as you would, I tend to misconstrue social contexts and social cues. I've definitely gotten better at it but I just kinda push myself to say whatever and try to roll with it. But to echo others, you are a fabulous guy with some great thoughts so I love to hear whatever you contribute to a conversation XD

Says the one who's even more fabulous ;) Well Thanks Fan....Your love makes me even more confident :)
PS : When will I have the Chocolate Syrup :p ??

Im gonna vent bout ish. So this person is the president of the org that I am VP of and will be pres of next semester/year.
Im so pissed and frustrated with the current pres because I found out they lied to the exec board about why another org that we wanted to collab with wouldnt return our emails or any form of communication (they said internal issues, real reason was they pissed off the org with a speech they said earlier in the year). On top of that the current pres keeps making very bad decisions in their own personal life that is negatively influencing the image of our org because she has single handedly destroyed relationships with our advisor, the campus ministry (one of our huge supporters) and the Student Involvement Center (the people that allow us to get the money that has been funded to us and are the ones that approve of our events).
I am trying to repair these relations because they are all important groups that we need to be continued to be in communication with and are very influential on campus but i feel as every time I turn a corner there is something else she has screwed up. She is a senior and will be graduating in a month but she doesn't realize how much of an impact she is making. To top it all off, our access to our funding for the rest of the year is cut off because she didn't bother to ask where to turn in the p card (basically a credit card that we use to purchase stuff) and as a result it did not get turned in to the Student Involvement center on time. She turned it in to the wrong people and now we cant purchase anything for the rest of the semester unless we go through the reimbursement process (which takes a couple weeks). It is the worst timing for it all because we needed to pay off about a $1000 of food that we catered from different places for an event that we had this past week. Plus we still have another event that we have to cater for.
Im just very frustrated and exhausted from all of my other work and now I have all of this shit to deal with.
It doesnt help that my parents are on top of me about getting an internship for the summer and trying to figure out grad school plus normal class work. :/
Wow.... Ouch. Can't give her a wake up slap, can you?

Well, Fan.....I believe you only have a couple of months for the semester to be consummated. After that you'll be doing your summer internship and then in the next sem you'll be the President and her influence would totally be gone. So I think you can wait till the time she graduates and by that time, do your best at mending things up for the future. Like Natsune said, you can't give her a wake-up slap nor you can change her anyway. So, maybe this will pass off as well.......

I don't know the gravity of the situation, but all I could come up with is patience :p

Well, Fan.....I believe you only have a couple of months for the semester to be consummated. After that you'll be doing your summer internship and then in the next sem you'll be the President and her influence would totally be gone. So I think you can wait till the time she graduates and by that time, do your best at mending things up for the future. Like Natsune said, you can't give her a wake-up slap nor you can change her anyway. So, maybe this will pass off as well.......

I don't know the gravity of the situation, but all I could come up with is patience :p
I dont like being patienttt *says in a whiny voice*
Wow.... Ouch. Can't give her a wake up slap, can you?
I wish but I'll just wait out the month, then she'll be gone

Back