The Vent Thread

• Thread starter InvincibleLight
  • Start date
I just took a long hard look at this place, and I am saddened by what I see. I see stalkers, I see people who not only lie to themselves, but to everyone else, for the hell of it. I see people that cheat on their loved ones, and boast about it. I see a lot of sad, lonely people that could use a good cheering up. And as I see it, I don't feel pain, or rage, or happiness, or excitement. All I feel is calm, and a strong obligation to do whatever it takes to help in any way I can, whether it be making you all laugh, or just being there. I want anyone, and everyone, who reads this post to know that Im here for you if you need me.
You definitely are needed here. Nice post.

I couldn't agree with you more on most of this. There does need to be a revamp on the banning and the ban time frames. Users who constantly stalk and harass others need to be completely banned from the site. I am really sick of coming to the forum lately and seeing all the drama. It is to the point, that I am seriously considering stepping away from the forum for a while until it goes away. It is the same people every day. And it isn't just in threads, it is also in their profile posts which can be seen when I click on forum. It's not just one person, it is a few people. Always over the same shit. Like they are egging each other on and seeking attention. I do not come here for that shit. I come here to have a few laughs and chat when I get the time.

It does seem there is no one taking control on the forums. Mods need to ability to lock threads, ban, and remove people. When people come here and see all the drama, name calling they don't want to join...

As for the fake pics, that is going to be on any site. That can't be stopped. Some people are just here for the fantasy and don't care.

In defense of the mods, maybe because I am a bit bias because I know what Sandrock goes through and has to deal with as a mod, they do the best they can with what they have. I do feel that admin needs to listen more to what the mods suggest.
Being a moderator must be quite challenging. People are looking for an escape from drama and a fantasy to share. But a small amount of people forget to leave the drama in the real world. I have few solutions, but many would be well served to remember that this site is for fun and not their personal drama. If they get too serious, they should back out and take a reality check.

Being a moderator must be quite challenging. People are looking for an escape from drama and a fantasy to share. But a small amount of people forget to leave the drama in the real world. I have few solutions, but many would be well served to remember that this site is for fun and not their personal drama. If they get too serious, they should back out and take a reality check.
Agreed!
Sandrock and I, being a couple have arguments... We make sure not to post that shit all over chat or the forums. When we argue, we involve no one nor do we let on that we are arguing. Stuff like that should be kept private. This place should be for fun. Seriously, if you were out in public would you be saying most of the shit that is being said here for all to see? I think not.

Hey Light, I totally agree and it's more than one person. I think the site almost needs a revamp of its code of conduct to include more around harassment, slander and bullying, catfish issues, multiple accounts and identities (including the use of guest accounts as well), fake profile pics etc. Banning penalties and the time frames need to be reviewed, and potentially removal from the site completely. Banning of individuals only seems to be possible in the chat room, not from the Forums? Blocking people on here is not really effective either, it just stops you from seeing what they have posted on your profile. There are certainly legal implications and members and guests need to be aware and the ramifications real.

As the site membership continues to grow, these issues are going to become more frequent. I am not convinced having directly observed some of this behaviour over the last few weeks, that these issues are going to be resolved in a timely, effective manner. Also, Moderators may need to be given increased access to remove inappropriate threads at the time they are posted and subsequently reported.

This site and the people I have met here, mean a lot to me, but at the same time we all need to feel safe and protected when we are using it. I know I may not be making sense (it's late here in Australia and I am sleep deprived), but I hope you get the jist of it xxx

I couldn't agree more. Certain peoples' (not just one) toxicity and childish behavior shouldn't be tolerated. And I love the mods and admins here I really do but in the spirit of the vent thread it seems like they don't have the tools to be what they need to be here. If the owners do read and if it's possible I'd love to see something like requiring a phone number to register so it's much harder to make multiple accounts and you can ban via phone number to make sure the people that aren't stopping can be stopped.

I love the people I met on this site and they are truly my friends. I would do anything for those people (you know who you are). It makes me so sad that that a normally fun, loving and exciting community can be ruined by a few bad apples.

Alright, back on topic.

There are assholes out there who lie, and lie, and cheat you out of your hard work and time. They deserve to die, and burn in hell. Im so angry Im having a tough time even ranting!!!!!

Alright, back on topic.

There are assholes out there who lie, and lie, and cheat you out of your hard work and time. They deserve to die, and burn in hell. Im so angry Im having a tough time even ranting!!!!!

Hey Light, oh I’m sorry these assholes made you feel this way. Just trust that they will get what they deserve, three fold. Assholes always get what’s coming to them, xxx

Hey Light, oh I’m sorry these assholes made you feel this way. Just trust that they will get what they deserve, three fold. Assholes always get what’s coming to them, xxx
Thank you, and I know. I just wish I had some part in it... People don't get to not pay me what they owe me.

I realise people shouldn't call others out in public, deal with your issues privately, I also know them others really should keep their opinions to themselves even if they are defending a friend. Because of such a stupid drama I've now lost what I consider a good friend as I was brought into something that I had no concern with what so ever, I've been nothing but support and a friend to this person but now because I asked a question that wasn't liked I'm now cut off and being ignored, not only has this pissed me off and means I'm not sleeping right now because of it I'm actially upset and very sad I've lost a friend, now maybe they didn't care for me that way in the first place but it still doesn't stop my heart from being heavy :( and all because someone I don't even know was saying shit about another person I don't know
Go figure !!!

I realise people shouldn't call others out in public, deal with your issues privately, I also know them others really should keep their opinions to themselves even if they are defending a friend. Because of such a stupid drama I've now lost what I consider a good friend as I was brought into something that I had no concern with what so ever, I've been nothing but support and a friend to this person but now because I asked a question that wasn't liked I'm now cut off and being ignored, not only has this pissed me off and means I'm not sleeping right now because of it I'm actially upset and very sad I've lost a friend, now maybe they didn't care for me that way in the first place but it still doesn't stop my heart from being heavy :( and all because someone I don't even know was saying shit about another person I don't know
Go figure !!!

Thank you Lewis, love you babe xx

I hate mornings.
I'm venting about that right now.
Mornings suck. I don't want to get out of my warm bed. I don't want to get dressed. I don't want to fix my poofy hair. I don't want to make breakfast. I just want to lay here and be lazy.

I hate mornings.
Mornings suck. I don't want to get out of my warm bed. I don't want to get dressed. I don't want to fix my poofy hair. I don't want to make breakfast. I just want to lay here and be lazy.

Yes, I could cut and paste your words, especially right now x

I hate mornings.
Hahaha, why not just lay there?

Back