Random thoughts...

I dated Mr. Perfect for two years before I married him. He had all of us fooled. My family and friends adored him. His mask started to slip one month after we returned from our honeymoon. I thank my guidance councillors in high school for alerting us to the signs of men who can be monsters, because young women were being killed by their boyfriends in record numbers.

The changes were so subtle at first but I called my family immediately. He left for work on a Monday and my family was around the corner with U-haul trucks. We took everything that was mine and left him the divorce papers on the kitchen counter. There were problems of stalking that resulted but I am stronger today because of the strength of my parents and the cops. Never cave, never give up the fight, we will prevail.

I dated Mr. Perfect for two years before I married him. He had all of us fooled. My family and friends adored him. His mask started to slip one month after we returned from our honeymoon. I thank my guidance councillors in high school for alerting us to the signs of men who can be monsters, because young women were being killed by their boyfriends in record numbers.

The changes were so subtle at first but I called my family immediately. He left for work on a Monday and my family was around the corner with U-haul trucks. We took everything that was mine and left him the divorce papers on the kitchen counter. There were problems of stalking that resulted but I am stronger today because of the strength of my parents and the cops. Never cave, never give up the fight, we will prevail.
Glad you were able to put it behind you. Sadly, some women stay in the abusive situation. Strong women are sexy ;)

Glad you were able to put it behind you. Sadly, some women stay in the abusive situation. Strong women are sexy ;)

I have never understood women who stay and never will. There are multitudes of organizations that will take you and your children to safe havens. My family believed me with the first phone call when I explained there was something wrong. We were still in the honeymoon phase and his intentions were clear. Guidance councillors saved my life. The signs were there.

He was a perfect sociopath. My parents believed me on the first phone call before the abuse would of started. Don’t ever doubt your inner voice or those of your children. Statistics show that one in four are sociopaths.

Well for my first time posting in this random thread...how about the fact that I've had nearly perfect attendance at all my jobs,including my current one and two and a half weeks ago I get transferred to help out at another one of our other two places which is 40 minutes away from me and my current job is only 5 minutes to work and thank goodness we haven't had too much snow yet until tonight when we're getting a big snowstorm which is lake effect for me and I am using one of my sick days for tomorrow.

Ok so not sure just how random, but got this fav img from Pewds subreddit some time ago.
Hope it makes sense, (from the thread theme to the comical nature of this img)

Great Advice.jpg

Back