The Vent Thread

• Thread starter InvincibleLight
  • Start date
Just how do you get stuck in a place where you can't go back forwards or stay where you are.

I got fucked over by college today. I was dropped from 1301 for not turning in two essays. Only I thought I had to turn in online or in person, not both. I FUCKING HATE COLLEGE I HATE ALL THE BULL SHIT I HATE FUCKING HAVING NO FRIENDS I HATE BEING ALL ALONE I HATE THE ONLY THINGS I GET TO FUCKING DO BE WORK SCHOOL WORK SCHOOL I AM SICK OF HEARING YOU HAVE YET TO FIND "WHERE I BELONG" EVERY SINGLE FUCK GOD FUCKING DAME BULLSHIT ASSPECT OF SCHOOL. I AM DRIVING MY ASS DEEP IN FUCK DEBT FOR THAT SEAT I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF I CANT POSSIBLY PASS I WANT TO PLANT MY ASS IN THAT SEAT, IT IS NOT GOD DAME ENTITLEMENT WHEN I FUCKING PAID FOR IT. TO ADD INSULT TO A BULLSHIT INJURY I KEEP TRYING TO ASK MY DOCTOR AND MOTHER FOR HELP MY DOCTOR KEEPS SAYING TAKE YOUR PILLS. THOSE SHITTY PILLS DONT DO JACK SHIT THIS MAY BE FUCKING NEWS TO YOU BUT NOT ALL PROBLEMS IN LIFE CAN BE SOLVED BY THROWING A CONTROLED SUBSTANCE AT IT. MY MOM JUST DOESN'T CARE, SHE JUST SENDS ME HER STUPID FUCKING BULLSHIT IDEAS LIKE BECOME WELDER THEY MAME GOOD MONEY. NO THEY FUCKING DONT ITS LIKE LESS THAN 20K A YEAR. JUST FUCK WHY AND HOW DID I GET SO FUCKING TRAPPED IN BULLSHIT?

Well, I just read your post, I will message you privately ok. Even though, its seems like everything is against you right now, it's not really. You are just getting to the point of knowing its time to make changes, and only you can make it happen, xxx

Time for another vent. Im sick and fucking tired of the harassment and slander coming from a certain individual here. Im not naming names, but you know who you are. You are out of line, and its definitely pissing me off. You do realize what you are doing is outright illegal in most parts of the world, right? I have more to vent about, but I need to save some of my anger, so Ill do it later.

Time for another vent. Im sick and fucking tired of the harassment and slander coming from a certain individual here. Im not naming names, but you know who you are. You are out of line, and its definitely pissing me off. You do realize what you are doing is outright illegal in most parts of the world, right? I have more to vent about, but I need to save some of my anger, so Ill do it later.

Hey Light, I totally agree and it's more than one person. I think the site almost needs a revamp of its code of conduct to include more around harassment, slander and bullying, catfish issues, multiple accounts and identities (including the use of guest accounts as well), fake profile pics etc. Banning penalties and the time frames need to be reviewed, and potentially removal from the site completely. Banning of individuals only seems to be possible in the chat room, not from the Forums? Blocking people on here is not really effective either, it just stops you from seeing what they have posted on your profile. There are certainly legal implications and members and guests need to be aware and the ramifications real.

As the site membership continues to grow, these issues are going to become more frequent. I am not convinced having directly observed some of this behaviour over the last few weeks, that these issues are going to be resolved in a timely, effective manner. Also, Moderators may need to be given increased access to remove inappropriate threads at the time they are posted and subsequently reported.

This site and the people I have met here, mean a lot to me, but at the same time we all need to feel safe and protected when we are using it. I know I may not be making sense (it's late here in Australia and I am sleep deprived), but I hope you get the jist of it xxx

Hey Light, I totally agree and it's more than one person. I think the site almost needs a revamp of its code of conduct to include more around harassment, slander and bullying, catfish issues, multiple accounts and identities (including the use of guest accounts as well), fake profile pics etc. Banning penalties and the time frames need to be reviewed, and potentially removal from the site completely. Banning of individuals only seems to be possible in the chat room, not from the Forums? Blocking people on here is not really effective either, it just stops you from seeing what they have posted on your profile. There are certainly legal implications and members and guests need to be aware and the ramifications real.

As the site membership continues to grow, these issues are going to become more frequent. I am not convinced having directly observed some of this behaviour over the last few weeks, that these issues are going to be resolved in a timely, effective manner. Also, Moderators may need to be given increased access to remove inappropriate threads at the time they are posted and subsequently reported.

This site and the people I have met here, mean a lot to me, but at the same time we all need to feel safe and protected when we are using it. I know I may not be making sense (it's late here in Australia and I am sleep deprived), but I hope you get the jist of it xxx
This is the most coherent response I've actually gotten on this issue. Unfortunately, however, safety comes with a price: Convenience. The harder you make on on the fakes, the harder you make it on the legit users. What I do feel we need is a better report feature, one that actually seems to do any good.

This is the most coherent response I've actually gotten on this issue. Unfortunately, however, safety comes with a price: Convenience. The harder you make on on the fakes, the harder you make it on the legit users. What I do feel we need is a better report feature, one that actually seems to do any good.

That's true too regarding convenience. A timely and effective reporting feature would be a great place to start, with a strong code of conduct so everyone is clear on the expectations, backed by real ramifications in chat and the forum, would be enough.

That's true too regarding convenience. A timely and effective reporting feature would be a great place to start, with a strong code of conduct so everyone is clear on the expectations, backed by real ramifications in chat and the forum, would be enough.
Agreed. Though, any system can be abused, and what we currently have isn't bad at all. It's up to the users, just as much as the moderators, to make it better by at the very least being nice to one another.

I couldn't agree with you more on most of this. There does need to be a revamp on the banning and the ban time frames. Users who constantly stalk and harass others need to be completely banned from the site. I am really sick of coming to the forum lately and seeing all the drama. It is to the point, that I am seriously considering stepping away from the forum for a while until it goes away. It is the same people every day. And it isn't just in threads, it is also in their profile posts which can be seen when I click on forum. It's not just one person, it is a few people. Always over the same shit. Like they are egging each other on and seeking attention. I do not come here for that shit. I come here to have a few laughs and chat when I get the time.

It does seem there is no one taking control on the forums. Mods need to ability to lock threads, ban, and remove people. When people come here and see all the drama, name calling they don't want to join...

As for the fake pics, that is going to be on any site. That can't be stopped. Some people are just here for the fantasy and don't care.

In defense of the mods, maybe because I am a bit bias because I know what Sandrock goes through and has to deal with as a mod, they do the best they can with what they have. I do feel that admin needs to listen more to what the mods suggest.

I couldn't agree with you more on most of this. There does need to be a revamp on the banning and the ban time frames. Users who constantly stalk and harass others need to be completely banned from the site. I am really sick of coming to the forum lately and seeing all the drama. It is to the point, that I am seriously considering stepping away from the forum for a while until it goes away. It is the same people every day. And it isn't just in threads, it is also in their profile posts which can be seen when I click on forum. It's not just one person, it is a few people. Always over the same shit. Like they are egging each other on and seeking attention. I do not come here for that shit. I come here to have a few laughs and chat when I get the time.

It does seem there is no one taking control on the forums. Mods need to ability to lock threads, ban, and remove people. When people come here and see all the drama, name calling they don't want to join...

As for the fake pics, that is going to be on any site. That can't be stopped. Some people are just here for the fantasy and don't care.

In defense of the mods, maybe because I am a bit bias because I know what Sandrock goes through and has to deal with as a mod, they do the best they can with what they have. I do feel that admin needs to listen more to what the mods suggest.
I think I speak for pretty much everyone here when I say "We'd hate to see you leave"

What I've experienced over the past couple of weeks makes me paranoid to talk to anyone I don't know. Even some of the people that I have known for a long time from other sites have turned on me to make themselves look good to others. It's sad it almost to the point where it's not any fun anymore.

Hey ViXxXen, thank you for the reply. I had to step away for few days as I couldn’t deal with some of these issues, so understand exactly where you are coming from. Also, I believe the mods are doing a great job, I think they need more admin type access to deal with these issues, and greater scope in their role. I can only imagine what the mods have to deal with on a day to day basis. I personally received direct support from mods during the last week, and I am grateful for that x

I've had enough of this... People are leaving due to this, and they shouldn't have to. I might be stepping away myself soon enough. I cannot accept this any more.

What are these catfish issues of which you speak? I do not understand this.

People harassing others posting threatening messages in open chat and here in the forums. It's for this reason that I am leaving. It's not worth the aggravation.

Back